THE BORING FIELD SERVICE !

by billie jean 5 Replies latest jw friends

• billie jean
    billie jean

Here's a tip for anyone who hates speaking on the doors, while you're deep in conversation as you get to the door why not pretend to press the door bell. this little trick used to keep me amused most dreaded Sunday afternoons !

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Hmm... then there's always the awkward situation where the householder opens the door to take his dog for a walk and finds one very surprised and unprepared dubbie and his friend.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I always walked slooooooow and if I did place some mags, I took a loooooong time writing down info about the person.

• four candles
    four candles

I was a pussycat publisher......................as in 'I've done me hour'. Couldn't wait to get away....more important things to do. Was so pleased when it threw it down with rain!!

• iceguy
    iceguy

I know a sister that is the daughter of an elder, When she was young she perfected the art of fake door bell. She is married with 2 kids now and still does not like going door to door and I wonder if she is still practicing her perfected art of fake door bell ringing?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Alas, I could not do the fake door bell trick. I always had partners that insisted that, unless they heard the doorbell loud and clear, that they would bang on the door to make sure I had the maximum chance of having to place littera-trash and start a study with someone so ugly and stinky that it made me want to puke.

Ultimately, I did "dummy service". That is, I would take a walk down a street where I knew no one would be walking, and call that an hour of street work. It did the same thing, and I would pick a street and time when I knew I would not get caught.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit