A Dream

by Undine 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• Undine
    Undine

Hello,

This may be sort of an odd way of introducing myself, by way of relaying a dream that I had...but this dream was very significant
    in that it centers around the time I started to "drift away." I find it interesting to look at this dream because I see in it, myself, coming back to living a creative life, after years of suppressing myself in the "truth." A while back I made a post here, as a means of an introduction, but deleted it due to not wanting to be discovered by certain people. Who would know me by my dream??? Hah!!!
    Anyway, I appreciate this forum...quite an eye-opening world out there once you seperate yourself from...the sheep...oh no. That makes me a goat?
    Anyway...here is that dream:

~Someone was picking me up in their car to go to the 'Meeting'...We got there and as I was sitting at the meeting and hearing them drone on about something, I felt like I wanted to scream...they were talking about 'counting time'. At the end I was the only one who did not stand up for the prayer...then I was treated very icily by one member in particular named Trisha...(But the interesting thing is that I didn't feel 'guilty' nor 'sub-human'
    for not having Trisha's favor).

Then I left the Kingdom Hall and proceeded to go out in the 'preaching work'...I called at the door of a woman who clearly did not want to hear the message and I remember looking at her and my eyes glazed over as in my head I thought of rote pat things to say to her to get her to allow me to come back again...In my mind, in the dream, I remember thinking how fake it was to say these memorized lines to her in an appeal to win her 'interest'. Then I took some white powder out of a pocket and blew it in her hair...which turned it an interesting color and when she looked at her reflection in the window she thought it was interesting...Interesting enough to invite me back.

Then,oddly, I transported myself into the minds of the original people who had brought me to the meeting and I saw them driving away and forgetting to get me...Then they remembered they'd forgotten me and came back and picked me up.

I took them to this big warehouse sort of place (no resemblance to a donut shop for coffee break, Yikes!) When inside, it was apparent that we were in the apartment of someone...an artist...and even though I couldn't see the person to whom the place belonged, I just knew it was a woman and that I had met her before...Her paintings were everywhere...hung strategically on all of the walls...and the images were sooooo amazingly beautiful...and I just knew that I had seen these paintings before...I remembered it was in a Gallery I'd visited years earlier...yet, the paintings were now all here in her house...then...the artist woman appeared! And she showed me, and the people I was with, all around.

There was a cavernous room with huge objects that looked like glazed pottery but she told me they were actually metal! She was nicest of all to me...then, slowly, I started to remember where I had met her before...Wherever it was, she was in a bad way emotionally and I helped her to get through the night with kind words and mothering her...I looked down on one of her shelves and saw a date written on something...February 28th...and remembered that that was the day/night I'd helped her and now to see that she'd documented it on a piece of paper told me that what I did for her really meant alot...Then she brought out an antique umbrella and told me it was $5.00 and I of course bought it...When I went up to her at the counter to purchase it there was a necklace of fine pearls laying there and she said..."This is for you...no charge" and she proceeded to come around and put it around my neck...this is when she told me that she knew who I was and Thanked me for all of the help that I'd given her long ago.~

Undine

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Anyway, I appreciate this forum...quite an eye-opening world out there once you seperate yourself from...the sheep...oh no. That makes me a goat?

Nothin' wrong with being a "goat"!

Baaaaaa!

Andi

• Undine
    Undine

~Andi~

YAY! We happy "goats" gotta stick together!

"Baaaaaaa" to you! ~¿*

Undine

Also...perhaps it is a bit odd to make a "post" of a dream. ô¿ô Sorry.
    I guess what I am really just trying to say is "Hello" and isn't it grand to be free?!?!?!?! (Even though, often times, freedom from the "Organization" carries a very high price.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit