Memorial Invite on A&E Intervention

by Not Feeling It 1 Replies latest social family

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

I just watched an episode of A&E's Intervention. It was about Phillip (Season 5) an alcholic. http://www.aetv.com/intervention/int_episode_guide.jsp

Anyway, during the episode he is at his sister's house and they are discussing how no one should take him to get liquor. Around that time, you can see the refrigerator with a Memorial invite stuck to it among other things. I definitely could tell it was the 2008(?) invite since it was the face of jesus close-up, looking down. I'm sure there was a thread with it in it around that time. There were no other obvious signs of JWs in that ep. From what I could tell, Phillip did not appear to be a JW. He had some Roman Catholic looking pictures of Christ on his wall and his girlfriend wore a cross. Perhaps only his sister has a connection to the Witnesses.

Anyway, Phillip did get the help he needed. I hope the guy stays sober. His daughter loves him and needs a sober dad.

-- Not Feeling It.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The Catholics actually believe that the wine and wafers undergo some miraculous transformation and actually become blood and flesh as you ingest it.

Wouldn't this make them cainables if they actually believe this?

Is it possible that this "observence" originated from a cainibaalistic ritual?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit