A personal email from the UN

by lostsheep82 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

I know this subject has been talked about over and over, but since I'm new to JWD and the truth about the truth, I wanted to find out for myself if the reason the society claims they got a library pass and became and NGO was legit. So I sent an email to the UN. This is the response...

(No Subject)?
    Sent:August 22, 2008 11:22:10 AM
    To: MY [email protected]
    Greetings from the UN Reference Team.

In response to your query, we refer you to:
    http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf

Also the procedure, prior to 11 September 2001, for a library pass was the following: the interested party filled out an application form and supplied a letter of recommendation in support of the research. If the required material was not available in a UN depository library (the list of depository libraries is posted at: http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/deplib/countries/ ), the application was approved and forwarded to UN Security. UN Security then checked the application and, if approval was granted, instructed the Pass Office to issue a library pass for the applicant.

The issuance of a library pass was independent of NGO status or any other status. There was no change in the library pass policy until 2001. As a consequence of the September 11 attacks, the issuance of library passes has been suspended.

Best regards,

UN Library Reference Team
    Dag Hammarskjöld Library: http://www.un.org/Depts/dhl/
    United Nations Headquarters, New York
    E-mail: [email protected]
    UN Documentation Research Guide: http://www.un.org/Depts/dhl/resguide/
    UN Pulse: http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/unpulse/index.htm
    <MY [email protected]>
    02/08/2008 04:08 PM
    To<[email protected]>
    cc
    SubjectRE: Information please

To Whom it May Concern, I'm inquiring about a matter that I am doing extensive research on and require some of your help. I'm doing research on the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's association as an NGO back in 1991. They claim that they required NGO status to get a library card in order to access the United Nations Dag Hammarskjöld library that they used to use for research. Apparently in 1991 it was mandatory that for use of these libraries, you had to become an NGO with the United Nations.

Is there any clarification on this matter pertaining back to 1991?

Your help would be greatly appreciated as I try to complete my research on this matter. If this is not the correct place to get this information, would you kindly direct me in the right direction.

Yours Truly,
    Amanda

INTERESTING.................same kind of letters that I've come accross as proof, but this one was personally sent to me. So now I can confidently say that the WT was full of crap when they use the excuse of a library card. ARGH!

something we all beleived and put our faith in...hurts me so much. FAWK!

• uninformed
    uninformed

That is an awsome admission that the WT did not have to be an NGO to get the library card.

This really proves the lie that they perpetuate.

Thank YOU

Brant

• asilentone
    asilentone

If you send them that letter from the UN, I wonder how would the WT respond to that one?

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Even more EXPOSED!!!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thanks very much for posting this!!!

(Just as a side note, you might want to edit it just to take your own personal email address out of the text, though...)

Cheers!
    Baba.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Whether the wt joined the un as an ngo, or as a corp, or through a rep is really immaterial. The act of joining for whatever reason is the 'sin'. Registering as an ngo is also of no more account than is incorporating or writing a charter. Get the issue straight in your head, for a start.

S

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

"Registering as an ngo is also of no more account than is incorporating or writing a charter. Get the issue straight in your head, for a start."

What did you mean by that Satanus?

• Satanus
    Satanus

I answered it in your pm. I'll enlarge here. also.

Ngo is a general term. The wt corp has always been an ngo, since it's beginning. Your post makes it sound like neing an ngo is the 'sin'. It's not. Here is a discussion of the term from wikipedia:

'non-governmental organization (NGO) is a legally constituted organization created by private persons or organizations with no participation or representation of any government. In the cases in which NGOs are funded totally or partially by governments, the NGO maintains its non-governmental status insofar as it excludes government representatives from membership in the organization.

The number of internationally operating NGOs is estimated at 40,000.[1] National numbers are even higher: Russia has 277,000 NGOs.[2] India is estimated to have between 1 million and 2 million NGOs.[3]

International non-governmental organizations have a history dating back to at least the mid-nineteenth century.[4] They were important in the anti-slavery movement and the movement for women's suffrage, and reached a peak at the time of the World Disarmament Conference.[5] However, the phrase "non-governmental organization" only came into popular use with the establishment of the United Nations Organization in 1945 with provisions in Article 71 of Chapter 10 of the United Nations Charter[6] for a consultative role for organizations which are neither governments nor member states – see Consultative Status. '

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-governmental_organization

Another:

'DEFINITION OF NGOs

A non-governmental organization (NGO) is any non-profit, voluntary citizens' group which is organized on a local, national or international level. Task-oriented and driven by people with a common interest, NGOs perform a variety of service and humanitarian functions, bring citizen concerns to Governments, advocate and monitor policies and encourage political particpation through provision of information. Some are organized around specific issues, such as human rights, environment or health. They provide analysis and expertise, serve as early warning mechanisms and help monitor and implement international agreements. Their relationship with offices and agencies of the United Nations system differs depending on their goals, their venue and the mandate of a particular institution.'

http://www.ngo.org/ngoinfo/define.html

S

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

"encourage political particpation through provision of information."

Thank you for your input Satanus. Either way, it is a 'sin' as you said, for what they did. The NGO definition you provided was explanitary in the definition of NGO as it is to "encourage political particpation through provision of information."

Encourage political participation in the definition of NGO in itself is a sin. Now why would the society in the first place not look up the definition of NGO BEFORE becomming one with the UN. Yes it is a general term but it is still worse than purchasing a party card in Malawi. Gosh I feel so bad for those that went through all that crap there.

Peace to all,

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt corp has always been politically active, when it felt like it. Russel was friends w some high level zionists. Rutherford did many political pieces, one of which got him and his gang locked up for a while. Letter campaigns to govt figures involved in persecuting jws have been carried on. Jw group demonstrations as a show of support for allowing king halls to be built have been organised. The wt has never been neutral in politics.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit