Had a JW visit

by Undecided 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

A lady knocked on my door and it was a JW who doesn't know me. She gave me a copy of the latest Awake and Wt. I was in my pajamas so I didn't invite her in. I hope she returns so we can talk. I read some of the Awake and it was interesting on some subjects, especially corn. I know you have to use your thinking to know what has been spinned, but overall it was interesting. As far as the WT, it is just like all religions with their own views of what the bible means when it says this or that. I'm not a JW hater like so many are here because the religion never really hurt my life, except maybe my not having any money now.

I've been out for 35 years now and don't intend to go back into the cult but I know several good people who I still love that are still into the religion. I would like to ask her some questions and see her reaction to them.

Ken P.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Religion just seems a way to help calm the questions we have about the universe and what life really is about. I just can't seem to accept the bibles view of God and life as we live it. I just don't know what to believe about death. Do any of your think that this life is all there is? Who has any evidence of God other than nature? He hasn't shown up since the bible talks about him. Why doesn't he give us something to prove he exist? The bible just says we must have faith, but what is faith other than believing something we can't prove is real? It's easy to see why so many people in times past just believed in a rock or an image of something they could see.

Is it all in our minds or do we have some spirit or soul? I guess I will know when I die or won't ever know.

Ken

• White Dove
    White Dove

I know what you mean.

The kind of faith that I believe in is backed up by prior works of that person, like the love of a family member.

The other kind of faith is based on nothing. It's blind as there is no proof of any action of that person.

A book says to believe because the book says to. No.

I can't do that.

I am open to reincarnation because the explanation makes much more sense than resurrection, but I can't put faith in it because there is no prior proof of it.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I don't think we will know the answers to your questions until we die. I do see a creator in nature, but why he is so silent now I cannot say. I have often wondered about the great divide, that is the inability of those who have passed on to communicate with the living also.

• mustang
    mustang

Hi Ken!!!

How is Tarheel-ia? I'm back on posting for a week or two and the board goes ka-put-ski

I noticed the 35 years: you might find something interesting in my profile.

Mustang

• Undecided
    Undecided

Mustang, thanks for the info. I had never thought of that before. I was dunked twice, once when I was about 6 years old and another at about 25, can't remember the exact year. Never vowed to be a WT slave either time.

Ken

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit