What exactly is Apostasy! by definition of the WitchTower?

by Number1Anarchist 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

My eyes really started to open up when i discovered we were not studying the bible but WitchTower literature. So 99 percent of what you study is man made material uninspired by Jehovah.The only time the bible is referred to is to support the literature. They offer free bible studies but once again your not studying the bible your studying WitchTower literature so in reality they should say would you like to study our WitchTower literature and refer to the bible ever now and again.

This is my persoal opinion but i think that most people are considered apostates from not questioning the bible but WitchTower doctrines or literature.

I'm sure if the society had the chance we would all be killed for apostasy.

Let me know your stories of being accused for apostasy and why you were called an Apostate? i'm sure alot of you wers surprised for being called an apostate but maybe not maybe you new there reaction beforehand. But let me know all your stories if you could please.

Even last night my wife was sitting there reading the society childrens book which made me sick and i told her can you not read that to her but read the bible instead. I told her that is not the word of god which she agreed but was still offended because of the brain washing from the WitchTower.

Christianity has a history of executing apostates and even crusading against them, however today most Christians are restricted by countries where Freedom of Religion is accepted as a fundamental human right.

Catharism was a name given to a radical Christian religious sect with dualistic and gnostic elements that appeared in the Languedoc region of France in the 11th century and flourished in the 12th and 13th centuries. The Catholic Church regarded the sect as dangerously heretical and in 1208 C.E., the Pope unleashed a crusade known as the Albigensian Crusade against the Cathars. In the ensuing 20-year military campaign, thousands of apostates were executed including 7000 residents of a town called Beziers, who were locked and burnt in a church. According to historians, a horrified onlooker rushed to the papal gates and reminded the crusaders that the some Christians were still trapped in the church together with the Cathars. The officer overseeing the massacre then made a remark that has resounded through the centuries: “Kill them all. God will know his own

A number of verses in the Bible speak of capital punishment for apostasy. Some of them are:

"If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods, do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."(Deuteronomy 13:6-9)

"And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, ...and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die."(Deuteronomy 17:3-5)

• White Dove
    White Dove

Geez, sounds like the Israelites were in a cult.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

January 15, 1983 Watchtower "Avoid independent thinking... independent thinking is manifested by questioning the counsel of the organization." So you can't think for your self or ask questions, if you do they will label you an "Apostate."

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

White dove, I know it sounds bad but i think thats when a person is bowing to some pole or who know's what idol and they probly already know who jehovah was at that time and turn there back on him deliberatly.

But when your a corrupt organization full of lies and deceit and you start to question there doctrines i would not consider that apostasy your only making sure what your being taught is from Jehovah and we know thats what he wants from us.

Alwayshere, makes you sick just thinking about it where do they get this stuff from. the must have Volumes of cult books in there library on mind control because Jehovah knows we are all individuals.

Now i know where you guys come up with the name borg i just got it right now because i remember watching star trek and they were all connected thru there minds thats why they were so powerful.

Makes you sick now!

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Thx DarkLighter.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates (suppressives), even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship." (Watchtower, Nov 15, 1952 p703

Creepy much? The writer almost sounds disappointed...

You affirmed what i was thinking. Totally once again Satan's system preventing the society from exacting it's judgment on all apostates.He was totally disapointed he probly prayed to Jehovah to have the laws changed so he could have us killed,lol

thx again!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The washtowel defines anything as apostasy if the person does not believe everything the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is currently putting out, even if such beliefs are private.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Thx Wobble.

Thats what makes it so disturbing that Jehovah never changes and his laws never change but the society is constantly changeing.

Thx wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit