found a piece of glass

by lilyflor 5 Replies latest jw friends

• lilyflor
    lilyflor

in my ice cream - what should I do?

I called the store where I bought it to suggest they might want to take the offending product of the shelf - but they sounded like they could care less.

I called the company, Nestle, today and they will be sending someone over to pick up the 2 pieces of glass and investigate.

2 of my 3 kids ate from this ice cream, but my mom is the one who found the piece, she actually chewed it and it got caught in her tooth, I think she thought it was

one of the pieces of smarties and was biting down on it.

Should I follow up with them? any suggestions...

• DJK
    DJK

Nestle's will try to identify the glass as soon as possible. If it came from their processing equipment they will post a recall on that flavor and batch number.

Record contact names of the Nestle's people you speak too.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I called the store where I bought it to suggest they might want to take the offending product of the shelf - but they sounded like they could care less.

So you're saying they cared some arbitrary amount more than the minimum amount of caring? Or do you mean they couldn't care less, which would be the correct expression. Why do so many people get that wrong?

I called the company, Nestle, today and they will be sending someone over to pick up the 2 pieces of glass and investigate.

You may even get some freebies from Nestle. I found a piece of metal in some Kantong (owned by Mars corporation) stir-fry sauce once, and had a large box of food delivered to me after mailing them the metal filing.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

I found a piece of wire in a pie once. Called the company and they sent on a voucher to me.
    The shop has so many products going in and out, they probably don't have much time to investigate.

If you stress that there were children eating their product and how dangerous the results could have been, you'll get more out of them.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

What do you want?

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

hmmm that's weird. So did this guy.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24000291-421,00.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/07/14/2302529.htm

But his ice cream was made in Ausralia. Since you're in canada, I doubt your ice cream came from Austrailia. How strange is that!

Anyway, you definately sue Nestle, the farmers, and the cows the ice cream's ingredients came from. You could be famous too, I'm sure it would all over cnn, or bbc news if you report it to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit