Phone Call to my Mormon Aunt- she used to be a JW-It was wonderful.

by QuestioningEverything 8 Replies latest jw friends

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I have an aunt who is one year younger than me, she's my mom's youngest sister.. We have always been very close and were more like sisters. We were both baptised as a JW and were always together. Around 2002, she became inactive Then she got baptised as a Mormon in 2004! Me being the good little witness I was told her that I couldn't associate with her any more because of that. It was such a difficult and hard thing to do but I thought I was doing the right thing.

Fastforward to 2008- I now see that my belief system is not as I was taught. I decided to call her this weekend and make amends. It was wonderful- we both cried, laughed and are going to meet up with our families. I missed her so much. The thing is though, my mother is completely involved in the KH. She would be devastated to know I am in touch with her again just because of the Mormon thing. My mom has a big family and I'm not quite sure how to handle this. Any thoughts?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The thing is though, my mother is completely involved in the KH. She would be devastated to know I am in touch with her again just because of the Mormon thing. My mom has a big family and I'm not quite sure how to handle this. Any thoughts?

It depends on whether your aunt was df'd. If she was, you could be df'd as well for "bad association". If that happens, will your mom shun you? If not, she could also be df'd. It's just another way to control the sheep and keep them from learning the truth about te "truth".

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

wow is your aunt either desperate for controlled religion or following men to these compounds? I cant believe someone would go from JW to mormon!!!! crazy!! I say go for it though, so what what your mom says, this is about you and your aunt, not your mom....

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

you are 39 and still worried what your mom will say? and you wrote you are no longer a member of the JW's so I think your mom will just have to deal with it, I mean it's not like she can send you to your room for talking to family. Family is Family dispite what the org teaches.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Going from JW to Mormon is like going from the frying pan into the wok. She can get "disfellowshipped" in the mormon faith as well and it's the exact same thing she experienced as a JW.

• justhuman
    justhuman

I just can't understand how many ex-jw's are going from one mind controled cult to another.....doesn't make sense to me. Some they have addiction to the "hypnosis"that cults are doing on them. They are like drug addicts or alchool addicted persons. They just can't brake free from the bonds

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

At least if she can evolve to being a male morman, she can get her own planet and be god there.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Wonderful to be able to meet up with your aunt again. Best wishes! Will your mom have to know? But be cautious as Mormons are just as much out to convert you as JWs are out to do. So, maybe it's time to start checking out an ex-Mormon Discussion Forum also. Take care.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

At some stage you need to move on from living for others and live for yourself. This may including things that upset others, including family. I think it is wonderful you are in touch with your Aunt and would continue to speak to her. Don't go out of your way to let your mother know, but if she finds out, so be it. You don't even need to say how you feel about the WTS, you could simply say you feel it is unchristian to shun family; certainly Jesus would not have behaved in such a way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit