YOUTUBE VIDEO: Phonecall to the Watchtower regarding the Williams sisters

by kool aid man06 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kool aid man06
    kool aid man06

keep scracting your head wasanelderonce these issues are getting a lot of attention and connecting with active Witnesses. Why condemn something that is helping J.W.s to doubt the Watchtower.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I think a good number of JW kids would possibly see this that are denied to be in organized sports who are very inclined and wonder how some JW youth get to pursue sports. I know for a fact a lot of JW kids grew up and are resentful they were denied to play organized sports in school extracurriculars when they had the qualifications otherwise. It may not be an issue to some JWs or xJWs who were not inclined toward sports anyway. I think it was a good issue to bring to YouTube. Thank you, Rick.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

let's see, if you put "Venus" and "Serena Williams" in your description you will get plenty of hits on your video, it has nothing to do with Watchtower curiosity. I agree that your other topics have been more pertinent. This subject just seems petty. I think it actually comes across as being picky and makes you look like a complainer. What you have done is show that the Watchtower DOES NOT MICROMANAGE the lives of Witnesses. They do not involve themselves in these personal choices. They do not come down with edicts from on high (Brooklyn) according to someone's conscience based decisions. This non-issue simply bolsters their credibility as advice givers and not micro-managers. It's just a red herring. You can and have done better than this is my point. Why not call the society about Larry Graham? or brother so and so from down the block who decides to play on the local adult flag football league? Not many hits on that one I'd venture. I've seen your protest videos Rick and they look more like born again fanaticism than measured, unpretentious factual presentations. I have no use for religion any longer, nor anyone who sets themselves up as an answer man for Jesus and Jehovah. We're not elders any more Rick and really, who cares that we were anyway? W.Once

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

because its flimsy, false, and its nearly as nitpicking and as fanatical as witnesses are.
    <br><br>but thats your style, i guess :shrug:

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I just can't believe anybody here would have a problem with this video. It is factual respectful and does a great service to the community at large pointing out the dangers of being in a cult and the clear double standards they have. I hope he gives us many more of these phone call videos. Thank you Rick! For everybody else, go back to sleep and continue doing nothing about this dangerous cult. We wouldn't want you to lift a finger or something.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

"...everybody else, go back to sleep and continue doing nothing about this dangerous cult. We wouldn't want you to lift a finger or something." Just so you know I have 51 videos on my page exposing and having fun with the WT org.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Truthbookblues

What makes you think that any of us are obligated to do anything? It is our choice and our journey. I owe you nothing. You and Rick still have the Holy Crusade mentality. Have at it. People on a mission from God give me the creeps ever since I realized that such missions are the result of men alone. Rick is another man who likewise gives me the creeps. As I have said, I don't know him, I only know what I've seen in his videos and he seems to be the next preacher on the TV screen. If he gets people out of the org, great. If it is to join his church, ugh. He still claims to be annointed. My experience is that the annointed are Watchtower nutjobs. I mainly had a problem with this paparazzi robbing video. W.Once

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I did an older thread on a professional boxer who was a JW:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/75736/1.ashx

I think it turned out that he was not baptized yet and would be quitting when he gets baptized. Do we know if in fact the Williams sisters are baptized? Could they have been reared and raised as JWs but never took the plunge (as I never did when I was a JW)? As such, they may not be subject to the same measures as a baptized JW (such as disfellowshipping). I am reminded of those in the old days who converted to Catholicism but waited until death or until they finished their career before they accepted baptism, fearing judgment for doing the things required by their career while being a baptized Christian. If the someone waits until their 30s to get baptized, everything pertaining to their career would lie in the past and all would be forgiven. Just wondering if that might play a role here. I think slimboyfat made the point earlier about people who consider themselves as JWs and who have it as their faith but who are not active publishers and therefore counted in the "official" statistics (but who might count in other polls, such as the Pew poll on religion).

• worf
    worf

kool aid man06,

I think that what you do is a good thing, and I'm glad that you found my topic on the Williams sisters to be of use in the opening words of your video.

What some may not realize is that no one is criticizing the Williams sisters for their own personal life, but the main point is to show that the watchtower is hypocritical, period, and therefore has no connection to any god.

Worf

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Keep at it, I really can't imagine why some whiners are so against a public expose of the hypocrisy that defines the WatchTower. I have to wonder if some of the guys with 5,000+ posts are able to do it because they are in some dorm room in Brooklyn, and assigned to this site.

Holy Crap! Nude photos, waving the US flag, having a career that keeps them from meetings, and then publically associating themselves with the Witnesses? How much more of a "double life" could the sisters be leading?

BY all means please continue pointing out that the WTBS is only interested in controlling the masses, and has another standard of ethics for the elite.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

outlaw got honorable mention ... lol

That's the thing...

Lawyers, Pro Sports, Higher Education ... if these somehow can advance kingdom interests, meaning $. Then it's fine. Double standard/double speak.

WAC: FORMER 9 YEAR U.S. BETHELITE AND ELDER ... INFORMATION SYSTEMS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit