Need help with typing letter on computer (technical not content)

by horrible life 5 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

When typing on Word Perfect, I sometimes can insert a letter or space. At other times when I try to do it, it starts eating up my words. What is happening?

It is driving me crazy!!!

• brinjen
    brinjen

Use the 'insert' key, then you can add text without overtyping. Sometimes this feature can get turned off.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

horrible life:

I sometimes can insert a letter or space. At other times when I try to do it, it starts eating up my words. What is happening?

its the new pacman.dll virus.....run your virus checker.....

.... wait...... wait.....wait.....just kidding...buh da dum!

Seriously... it could be something as simple as having hit the wrong key on your keyboard.. maybe the INSERT key is on.... dunno what else it could be..I have used Word, Wordperfect, Open Office...and this happens with all of them... really it can happen in any text based editor... I just played with the insert key and it did it while typing this post...the INSERT key will definitely cause this issue.

Snakes (of the "why am I still up at 2 am?" Sheep Class"

• horrible life
    horrible life
    its the new pacman.dll virus.....run your virus checker.....

LOL

Thanks Brinjen and Snakes, I will use the insert. I never have used it before, but I do know where it is.

I would really like to know the reason for this. I have had it happen before, and couldn't understand. Other times, not. ?????

Finally Free, taught me about the Print Screen key, on the keyboard. I had never even seen it before.

Thanks again

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

your insert key - push it and try typing and see if the problem is still there. If so, push it again and try again. I think that's all it is. I sometimes hit my insert key when I really wanted the delete key.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Thanks Hortensia, I bet that is what I am doing. I said I knew where insert was, but when I clicked at the top, of Word Perfect, insert, It gave me lots of weird stuff, that I had no idea of. Then by accident I saw the insert KEY. I will learn how to read also. When I am not in such a big hurry, I need to memorize the keyboard. LOL I am only close to 50.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit