"gods channel" and "anointment"

by Morgana 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Morgana
    Morgana

I just can't resist adding my two cents to this topic:

There seems to be a general misunderstanding and confusion of what constitutes "gods channel" and "anointment" according to the biblical texts.

The kings - e.g., Saul and David - were anointed but they were not Yahweh's "channels"; they were strictly earthly, political rulers (though they had some ritual obligations, of course). Spiritual channels properly speaking were the prophets, and at times there were dozens or even many more of them around simultaneously, in the northern as well as the southern kingdom, and mostly acting individually and independently from each other (apart from some "schools" or "colleges" of prophets that were also mentioned occasionally). And it was the prophets (and substituting and officiating for them, the high priest) who anointed the kings; the prophets themselves were never "anointed".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: This was supposed to be a response to the "Saul and David" topic but accidentally has become its own post; it seems I pressed the wrong button - ah well...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Interesting thoughts, and welcome to JWD if it hasn't been done already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit