Got a few giggles from another discussion board RE: "Why don't JWs vote?"

by razorMind 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• razorMind
    razorMind

RE: Serena Williams' comments about JWs not voting......of course the non-JW members wanted to know why.

The first giggle I got from all the NON-JWs posting who wanted to know why she could dress so skimpily, pursue her tennis career and wrap herself in the American flag while still proclaiming to be a JW. I'd go so far as to say ALL of the non-JW posters were questioning this.

The second giggle was the expected knee-jerk defensive reaction from the JWs on the board......i.e., "here we go judging people from appearance again," and "how come nobody's judging this celebrity/that celebrity?"

Then, the expected "how come everybody hates JWs" comment from another one. It's so funny how, when I'm on other discussion boards, any JW thread takes the same direction, every single time. Surprisingly, this one did not degenerate into personal insults and e-stalking, though.....

But, no, the biggest giggle I got was when I clicked on one of the JW "sister's" avatar.....there she is, dressed in a club outfit and OBVIOUSLY in a nightclub setting, brandishing two HUGE, blue, mixed drinks at the camera!

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Link us!!!

• razorMind
    razorMind

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=138756&KW=witnesses&PN=3

Her post is, I think, near the bottom on page 5. She's the one hefting the 2 blue drinks.

Maybe her outfit isn't THAT 'clubbish', but still.....

.....when I clicked on her profile, I thought I had the wrong person.....

• dawg
    dawg

When the hell did it become a personal decision to vote or not?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

You been out that long Dawg? Dang!

There's a QFR from 1999 that calls it a "personal conscience matter"...

But someone posted a scan of the new book that seems to flip the flop again...

A@G

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Also remember, that QFR was written during the UN DPI relationship...they couldn't be discouraging the vote.

• dawg
    dawg

I've been out since 1990.... I never heard that flip flop before... damn! What idiots!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit