Hypocritical quote from article on Watchtower.org

by drew sagan 8 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Was looking at Watchtower.org when I came across this paragraph:

WHEN one falsely shouts "Fire!" in a crowded theater and some are trampled to death in the wild stampede to get out, must not the shouter bear the responsibility for the resulting deaths and accidents? When someone says, "I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it," are you given carte blanche, unlimited freedom, to say publicly whatever you wish, regardless of the consequences? There are those who think so.

Amazing how the Watchtower has for well over a century has shouted "fire" by telling people to base their lives on the speculative concept that the end of the world would occur within their own lifetime. And to add to that the leaders of this organization refuse to debate, discuss and defend their beliefs in a respectable way with the society around them!. This includes rejecting and ignoring all of academia as well as other religious groups that would be open to dialog.

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

What watchtower is that from? I like that post as it's very true!

• drew sagan
  • lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

Awake July 22, 1996. Thanks. I like that one.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Disgusting.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

True indeed.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

OHHH

How I sooo wish that I was a vomit fetishist.

I could really get off on this board!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HB

• justhuman
    justhuman

They are so hypocritical...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

A classic example of where there is a huge rafter in their own eyes. Remember, what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells people, they expect them to do without asking questions. At least in a theatre, if someone yells "Fire!" and it is clear that there is no fire, people have the choice to stay put.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit