new revised New World Translation

by isaacaustin 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sasha
    Sasha

Rev. 22:19

and if anyone takes anything away......doesn't the older Bibles (This is obviously my old Winess one say?) "OR ADD" then God will take his portion away...etc. etc.

• tfjw
    tfjw

This is very interesting. I just requested a copy through a JW friend. It's gonnna be interesting through this monster to see what all this is about.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have a paperback NWT, purchased within the last year, this was dated copyright 1984 and the brackets are still there

• tfjw
    tfjw

I wonder if this is referring to a non-English version, a translation into another language from the official English monster.

• searchingforfriends
    searchingforfriends

I have relatives that recently toured watchtower farm. (about a month ago) and they got "New" bibles. They did actually say it was the new version. I did notice that verses were actually on different page numbers than my 5 year old NWT, and something seemed a bit different (chapters were in a different place on the page than mine etc), but I did not get a chance to actually look at it. I just assumed the formatting or font size had been altered a little.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin
    CharlieBrownsLovelyDaughterRe: new revised New World Translation

Post 25 of 25
    since 22-Oct-06

I can not provide a scan.

The 2006 softcover NWT includes the word other but it is not bracketed in

CharlieBorwnsLovelyDaughter has confirmed for us what two others have confirmed to me. It is the 2006 softcover NWT

• tfjw
    tfjw

Thanks for the confirmation about this but if anyone has an actual copy and able to scan at least Colossians 1:16-20 this would be helpful. I ordered one through a friend but it could be a few weeks before I get it in my hands to scan it for every [other] person here.

• NanaR
    NanaR

I've seen it as well but can't provide a scan (at least not yet).

It does not have a new copyright date (copyrights are 1961, 1981, 1984), but it is identified as the "2006 Printing". Perhaps they thought no one would notice?

Pax,

Ruth

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I have a copy of the "2006 Printing" NWT, but I don't have a scanner, unfortunately.

They have removed all of the single brackets (such as at Colossians 1:16-17). Now there is no way of knowing which words were added in and not in the original Greek or Hebrew. Convenient, huh?

Also, at the back of the Bible, they added some more information about various things in the Bible. There are also new, different, color maps.

Another thing I noticed was that it appears they have changed and/or added new Cross-References in the middle column.

• dozy
    dozy

What annoys me isn’t so much that the WTS has made this change - no doubt they will claim that most other bible translations don’t use brackets & that it makes the reading & flow of the verses easier.

It is more that such a change is put through without any explanation. Why didn’t they put a small section in the KM (Question Box perhaps)?

It leaves the impression , accurate or not , that the WTS treats the r&f with minimal respect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit