Warning!! Fake Lotto Scam

by Wordly Andre 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

My Grandma has been getting these letters in the mail that she won some kind of Canadian Lotto, yesterday she received a check in the mail for $3,900.00, looks like a real, official check however the letter then goes on to explain that she must pay International Tax of $2,000.00 and gives instructions on how to wire the money to pay the International Tax, and if she does the full ammount of the winnings will be sent to her. Thank God my Grandma called be just before she went to the bank, it took awhile to convince her that it was a scam because she said the letter looked so official and she even called the phone number listed on the letter, I told her that if she deposited the check in her account it will take a few days for the bank to catch it but the check will be returned and she will have to pay back the money. Please let all your older ones know about this, I looked it up online and it's called the Canadian/ Spanish Lotto scam.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

crap.. I wish I could win that... I just sent some Nigerian chick $10K... and forgot the rent was due.

REALLY! THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP

Hill

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude

Truthfully, aren't 'real' lottos scams too?

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Don't pay any fee to collect any prize.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit