A kind response to Jim Penton & Ros of Channel C

by Amazing 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Hi Toreador,

I'm glad you liked the cartoons. Apparently the administrator or an assistant didn't because they've all been taken down. But I don't mind. They were up long enough that some folks got to see them.

I agree that Caputo was more notorious as a proselytizer. It would be a sad thing if his old campaign underwent a revival on CC. I'm with you in hoping that this episode is dropped by the wayside.

Frank

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I am going to stay out of the whole Catholism matter,except to say that for some proselytizing is in their nature and pro or con it is hard to go against one's own nature.

I will say however that the polarization and camp building is disgusting in my opinion. Jim Penton has done much to free many from the BORG and is well respected amongst the intellectual crowds and courts.

FToth has done much to free other and has freely given of himself while a Witness and post JDubdom. He is a true Christian in the fullest meaning of the term.

Amazing has done much in support towards Silent Lambs and against the Society.

However Amazing's bringing this issue here and continuing to try to bolster people to "his side" somewhat pisses me off and is disruptive and divisive in the battle against the BORG.

I heard a speaker recently who was the lead RCMP investigator for the Swiss Air crash about a decade ago in Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia. He commented that E+E+A=catastophe

Emergencies +egos+ agendas....

I put forward that this whole thread has much to do with the latter parts of the equation which only can result in a more complicated matter that benefits no-one.

In other words Jim, Jim. Ros, Frank and everyone else inserting themselves, check your egos and agendas at the door and then see where the conversation goes.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Uzzah,

Thanks. Good advice. I agree this hasn't been the best kind of discussion. I tend to wish it hadn't happened. Sometimes it's hard to know where to draw the line in defending friends and pounding away at what we believe are distortions. Good motives can soon be bent out of shape and unfold into a shoddy defense of one's ego and agenda. E+E+A=C states it well.

I won't say nothing good came from this sometimes raucos exchange, but very likely the passing of time and other experiences in each of our lives would have brought about an equal or even better outcome. Uzzah, I always respect your opinion.

Frank

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

My last word on the subject

Catholicism is such a huge religion and in its time has ground many individuals into the dust by its might.

I don't know any of you but it does seem to me that Ros is sharing her own particular faith and that she is "one woman doing so on her own" , one tiny person against the might of catholocism in this example. You guys may be scholars but if you are scholars defending your own particular beliefs then you are biased, thats fine but Ros has the right to lock you guys out if she thinks your clout carrying presence is dominating the discussion.

• vinoverita
    vinoverita

Hi Tor,

>>may I suggest that it is "fuzzy and inconsistent thinking" to you because you are taking it out of context.>>

My apologies.

Kindly explain what you specifically mean my "persistent evangelizer?" What about my defending the divintiy of Christ (or apostolic succession) makes me a "persistent evangelizer" and Jim Penton's advocation of a Unitarian understanding of God (and an invisible Church ecclesiology) not make him so?

And feel free to go to the archives to see how I conducted myself. Simply do a search under "apstolic succession" and read the tenor of my posts. They speak for themselves.

James:)

• vinoverita
    vinoverita

Hi Quietly Leaving,

>>I don't know any of you but it does seem to me that Ros is sharing her own particular faith and that she is "one woman doing so on her own" , one tiny person against the might of catholocism in this example.>>

I see it precisely the opposite way. "One woman doing her own thing" has the onus to openly discuss why that "one thing" is more important than a great religion such as Catholicism. The kudos and preference should not automatically go to her by default.

>>You guys may be scholars but if you are scholars defending your own particular beliefs then you are biased, thats fine but Ros has the right to lock you guys out if she thinks your clout carrying presence is dominating the discussion.>>

Why is it biased to defend one's particular beliefs. Isn't that what you say Ros is doing so valiantly? And Ros locking us out just shows the weakness of her own "her own thing," imho.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

James - I've gotta tell you, you are sounding like a pathetic bully, putting words in my mouth and twisting what I'm saying - I can cetainly see why Ros is taking action against you.

• vinoverita
    vinoverita

Hi Quietly Leaving,

<<James - I've gotta tell you, you are sounding like a pathetic bully<<

I'm simply putting sincere questions to you. And I trust those who follow this exchange would agree that no bullying is going on.

>>putting words in my mouth and twisting what I'm saying<<

Far from putting words into your mouth, I'm actually quoting and speaking directly to your thoughts. And if I have misunderstood you I've made sure to offer my apologies and to ask you to expatiate on what you mean. I can't do better than that, Quietly leaving.

God's peace,

PS. The multiple posts I've written are duplicates. That is, I accidentally reposted them time and again because I didn't see them appear on my screen. I then learned that I had to click to the next page to see them.

• vinoverita
    vinoverita

Hi Uzzuh,

<<I am going to stay out of the whole Catholism matter,except to say that for some proselytizing is in their nature and pro or con it is hard to go against one's own nature.<<

What specifically constitutes "proselytizing" in your view?

>>Jim Penton has done much to free many from the BORG and is well respected amongst the intellectual crowds and courts.<<

I agree. But tell me, what about Jim Penton's way of presenting his views on Channel C precludes one from accusing him of "proselytizing?"

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

James (btw which james are you, we seem to have 2 James and sounds like a coupla Jims as well )

hers what I mean about you twistng and obfuscating

>>I don't know any of you but it does seem to me that Ros is sharing her own particular faith and that she is "one woman doing so on her own" , one tiny person against the might of catholocism in this example.>>

I see it precisely the opposite way. "One woman doing her own thing" has the onus to openly discuss why that "one thing" is more important than a great religion such as Catholicism. The kudos and preference should not automatically go to her by default.

Ros' board, as I previously said, and as you very well know, is not an open discussion board .

>>You guys may be scholars but if you are scholars defending your own particular beliefs then you are biased, thats fine but Ros has the right to lock you guys out if she thinks your clout carrying presence is dominating the discussion.>>

Why is it biased to defend one's particular beliefs. Isn't that what you say Ros is doing so valiantly? And Ros locking us out just shows the weakness of her own "her own thing," imho.

If you are a scholar and defending your own particular beliefs then obviously your position is biased - you misrepresented what I said in my previous post and I did say that was fine with me but at the same time it needs to be acknowledged. I must say I thought you were James Penton, I realise now that you probably arn't (or are you). My apologies to James Penton if you are somebody else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit