~~kids say the darndest things~~

by chickpea 8 Replies latest social family

• chickpea
    chickpea

sometimes they really form a crystalline thought..... yesterday provided this evidence

the 17 YO, total slacker, barely passing his classes because he wont do the work..... watching an advert for the new indiana jones movie and hears a line, " looks like a dead end"

the quip: it is only a dead end if you make it one........... HUH?!!.... maybe he does get it!

the 14 YO, doing major things in a major way, was being interviewed over the phone by an admin of a national program for which she is being considered to attend a national seminar on leadership, on their nickel!!

question was about the role of a leader

the answer: being in the role of a leader is not about being in control..... it is about organizing the process so the goal can be reached.....

d@mn.... i wish i had said either one of those things first!!!!

any pearls of wisdom from the mouths of your babes?

• dinah
    dinah

I read this a couple of days ago, just didn't reply....

Sounds like your kids are very mature. There have been times when mine amaze me with their observations. They tend to break things down to simple terms, and they usually come up with great solutions.

• knock knock
    knock knock

One time gf's 4yr old daughter wants to watch a movie - "Booty and the Pwiest". Too young kid.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My 8 year old niece is way to smart for her own good. She loves me and we talk all the time. My family does not like me except for mom. One day she explains out loud. "I like AM". AM is short for Adam. My relatives respond "whatever only u like him". My Niece looks at my Mom and says, "Who cares, I like him, it doesn"t matter what they think" and winks at my Mom. Of course everyone else in the room looks like an ass. She has a huge mop of hair from day one. When she was born. I saw this infant with a curly head wrapped in a white blanket. I stated that she looked like Mushu chicken. The name stuck, She is known as Mushu

• restrangled
    restrangled

My son at age 20 told my hardcore JW mother......"I won't listen to or discuss anything having to do with the JW's beliefs, never bring the subject up to me again or any of my friends."

Now that is an one smart kid in my book!

r.

• dinah
    dinah

restrangled,

I wish I had balls like that 20 years ago.

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

The men will like this. I was sitting with my 6 year old grand-son and he seen cheerleaders on television, he commented how HOT they were. Well wanting to know what goes through his head I asked what makes a woman pretty to him? Thinking he would say hair or eyes. Well I got my answer, he said "their bathing suits" I thought I would choke. LOL.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I asked what makes a woman pretty to him? Thinking he would say hair or eyes. Well I got my answer, he said "their bathing suits" I thought I would choke. LOL.

I agree 100%

Even better than "their bathing suits" is the lack there of.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I was working out in the yard with my shirt off (trying to show him it's ok for boys to have their shirts off outside) and I was moving a railway sleeper (railroad tie). It was heavy and I was struggling to carry it up a hill. My 6 year old boy said "Dad, you're strong because you're naked!". I was laughing so hard I dropped the thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit