Re: Announcement on 27th April

by The Lone Ranger 8 Replies latest jw friends

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I hope you guys are right about the book study being removed,

I already told a few JW’s and they are shocked, I even told 2 elders, they are both surprised and one of them don’t believe me he thinks its regarding the field service, maybe a special tract.

I wanted to show off and be a real "know it all" hahah

The 2 Elders confirmed that there is a letter which will be read out this Sunday 27th April, but they don’t know what it contains, so I told them.

So I’ll either be boosting about my "special" sources of information or have egg on my face.

Pray for me... :-)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

lol ya I still have my doubts about this. Hope we dont get egg on our face.

• changeling
    changeling

I have been bitting my tounge trying NOT to tell my elder dad what I know. It's really hard, but if I'm wrong, I'd have too much "splanin" to do!

Hope it works out for ya,

changeling :)

• Layla33
    Layla33

I was almost about to tell a few people about this, but I am half and half on this and I will simply wait.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

Sup Y'all!

My mom who is very much in with my elder dad told me it is true. I did not ask. My mom announced it in an email to me and some other family. My dad is very tight with the PO and they make up a pretty unconventional KH. I'm not surprised at all if a few elders there know.

So if you wnat to attribute it to a neutral source, tell whoever that some guy you know from [insert BS source here] told you it was true because his witness mom told him. Or something.

-- Not Faking It

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just goes to show that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is expert at making much ado about nothing.

• Borgia
    Borgia

Tell tales can be used for a purpose, though......

My wife said, when I mentioned it to her, she felt it to be unreasonable that we as apo's had a better rumour machine and did know earlier than she did. This is all jealousy of course.....But she most definitely liked the idea...it would save her a lost evening.....my son cheered.....interesting isn't it....

The letter will probably say something about a loving provision ( see how reasonable we are) to take the busy schedules of the working class into account.....24 hours economy, making ends meet...but....it would be nice if you could take some time out to go into the field circus( bible text) ......something like that.

Cheers

Borgia

• Serg
    Serg

well i actually heard it from a family member where they announced it early at their hall this past Weds. since their meeting this Sunday is being cancelled due to some remodeling thats going on there. Apparently the main reason for this change that was brought up was the rising gas prices through out the world and that they know its only going to continue to rise and get worse, so in order to save on gas expenses bla bla bla bla bla. If they want to save everyone gas money they ought to just cut back on preaching and allow only one day a week at most.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I discussed it with my wife and I told her it's a huge turn about on the "governments are going to turn on us" so meeting in secret will soon be the way to go. Is this a sign that the governments are not going to turn on JW's anytime soon, if ever? In a way I see it as a direction to a mainstream religion, and in a lot of ways, the continual tightening and control. The evolving of a religion that is so tight they become like the Amish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit