Opinions needed!

by KKLUV155 9 Replies latest jw friends

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

If you guys don't mind would you read my blog on myspace and read the comments a JW left and read my response. Any advice on how to further address this would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the address:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=8455632&blogID=369515438&Mytoken=E4BF4614-BF8C-416F-9399DABC065F11A520399641

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Wow - are they blinkered or what?!

I can't really offer comprehensive advice as I'm a 'never been' - only studied fortunately!

Just bumping cos it deserves some attention!

edit - removed clickable link which won't work - you have to copy and paste folks!

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Seems like they can easily mentally cast aside something, so I'd suggest sticking with just one topic and using evidence provided by their own literature. Keep it logical and free of emotion.

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Point him/her to the page 201 in the Proclaimers book to back up the pyramid thing. x

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Okay, so he just wants to answer questions he wants to answer... I'm sorry, I mean logical questions. So I would post the same questions like this:

1. If a witness can be disfellowshipped for joining the YMCA because it is part of christianity, or however they are wording it these days, and it might stumble a brother... then why is it okay for the organization as a whole to join the UN as an NGO of the DPI, which is the beast upon which Babylon the Great rides?

1 b. If question 1 is not a logical question and you are therefore not willing to answer it, please explain to me why it is not a logical question.

2. If Jesus taught to love and protect children why does the society have rules in place that say a child molestor must have two witnesses to the molestation in order for them to take or allow any action to be taken against the molestor?

2 b. If question 2 is not a logical question and you are therefore not willing to answer it, please explaing to me why it is not a logical question.

etc.

That's my best advice... there will be better and smarter people along behing me with better advice, I'm sure.

Good luck!!!

Jackie

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I think you are throwing too much at him at once. He's going to shut down or start getting mean. He'd rather say they are all lies and ignore you than really look at the issues.

ps...I tried to add you to my friends list but it asked for a last name or email address.

lisa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is very typical on the forum. I have seen heated arguments with the witlesses. Invariably, the apostates are willing to prove their side of the story, citing many web sites to back up their claims. Many apostates even use the Bible to back up their sides of the story. And the witlesses will immediately dismiss those sources as bogus just because it doesn't come from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. Unless it comes from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, it is false--and if the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger did write it up, it has to be true. They will not look at anything or cross-reference anything.

A prime reason why I always recommend cross-referencing anything you do not agree with. Either the posted information is wrong or your opinion is wrong, or both. If you cross reference it, you will find out which. If it's the posted information, you can then rationally rebut it. If it's you, then you learn something. If both, then you can post the correct viewpoint and everyone benefits. But, by refusing to cross reference anything, they fail to benefit from anything and will indefinitely hold the errant viewpoint put out by the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

• undercover
    undercover

I can't read the posting on MySpace since I'm at work and the IT Nazis have blocked us from accessing MySpace among hundreds of other sites.

But my initial reaction is: why is a JW posting on MySpace? Assuming that he's willing to debate the issues, he is treading on thin ice as far as following the Society's counsel.

You can't win any argument with a faithful JW...cognitive dissonance will kick in and they'll never see any other viewpoint. I'd just have some fun with him and use the same tool that the Society uses; guilt. Mess with his head and make him feel guilty for going against the counsel of the Slave.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I agree with undercover....

But my initial reaction is: why is a JW posting on MySpace? Assuming that he's willing to debate the issues, he is treading on thin ice as far as following the Society's counsel.

You can't win any argument with a faithful JW...cognitive dissonance will kick in and they'll never see any other viewpoint. I'd just have some fun with him and use the same tool that the Society uses; guilt. Mess with his head and make him feel guilty for going against the counsel of the Slave.

Some are such Die Hard Jdubs that they do not or will not think anything else. They will not allow you to explain things to them nor or they open to research their own religion. They have been supressed to beleive only the FDS.

Quirky1

• yknot
    yknot

In direction of the Sept 07 KM...

I would encourage him to read the litertrash from Finish Mystery and on........... (make sure to look for an opportunity to bring up Clayton Woodworth and some of his quackery)

In fact I would start with the FM, he can download or read it online on google books or on strictlygenteel.co.uk

Start a dialog that is relevent to current WT. As we all know starting with the Jan 15 issue the harping on this publication and 1918-1919. Ask him if he has read FM (or would he mind reading it) or the court transcripts to Rutherford's trial and his subsequence books like the Light series. Remember Rutherford in Light Vol 1 claims his incarceration is equal to the 1260 days of tribulation. Chip away at the foundation. Also ask him to consider that if the change in generation is "new light" how did apostate king Ray Franz manage to address the change in his CoC long before 2007? Ask him if after April 2007 if there was any GB members who were annointed before 1935? (answer is nope after Barber died in April). Don' t bombard him but rather lure him into thinking critically for himself about those who formed the doctrinal foundations of the JWs. Ask him why Olin Moyle isn't in the candid Proclaimers book? The transcript too is available for free on Lulu.com. Get him reading and thinking!

Good luck! Hope you can reel one away from the corporation pond.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit