A strange situation ?

by lancelink 7 Replies latest jw friends

• lancelink
    lancelink

My wife has started to study/associate with another religion while being a full blown JW.
    They come over 1-2 times a week, study, discuss matters and she goes to their church for special occasions.
    I got a little disturbed that this was going on for so long, and suggested that she discuss this with the elders at the kh.
    Well, they just came to the conclusion that as long as she is producing "good spiritual fruitage" this side study-association must be a good thing, and god is allowing it.
    I just heard the results of this meeting yesterday, does this sound like a typical answer from the people who are entrusted with the
    "true religion"? (I'm referring to the jw's here)

• kwr
    kwr

Is she studying to become a Mormon?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    study, discuss matters and she goes to their church for special occasions

They make look at it like she's really studying with them, but the church thing is really confusing that's just a plain no no if your a jw.

hope4others

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

This is definitely well out of the norm.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

I read a similar story today on jwd. Guy confesses to elders fornication and smoking reproof was the only consequence. Is the hard line changing?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    Guy confesses to elders fornication and smoking reproof was the only consequence

I know of another case like this. I live with him.

Going to another church is a huge no-no, I mean HUGE. I am surprised. I wonder if all of the story was told. or if some was held back.

momz

• lancelink
    lancelink

Mormons / yes

I wonder if all of the story was told. or if some was held back.

i gave you the whole story, it seems that her cong. is very "uninspiring" and the spiritual
    uplifting that she claims to need is really evident within the other religion.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

perhaps the way that the story was told made it seem like she is conducting a study - because then that is allowed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit