What is the HIDDEN purpose of the Watchtower corporation?

by Terry 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• flipper
    flipper

Proliferate and expand child abuse - in a hidden way

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I really wish I could find out where the money goes.

I remember hearing about Albert Schroeder having a yacht in the Bahamas, but I forgot what thread it was in...

• trudy
    trudy

Can you imagine Christ and his apostles incorporating the faith?

Why incorporate?, don't the GB trust their disciples? LOL!

• fresia
    fresia

Horible life says...

Now that they are selling off real estate in New York and laying off workers, what will be their next investment? They certainly aren't going to give it to special pioneers, and missionaries!! They will fend for themselves.

Hi HL, pleased you bought this point up. Just last week at the TMS we were read a message which required a resolution from the r/f from Bethel, (always bethel, really WTS and GB) it says would be nice to have the missionaries home to their native land for next years International Assembly, it would be nice if we could pay for their fares and accommodation to come home, they added it would only mean around 15cents a day for a year for each and every publisher to contribute, then it said that anyone could donate or sponsor a missionary and give the money to the secretary, and any monies left over from the donations from all the b/s would go toward the world wide work.

Honestly we are giving and giving, surly they must have enough money from all their property and our donations to at least help with these b/s. I don't mind helping any one but I really am peeved at this blatant fleecing, we have four donation box's now, not three, this has all happened since the child molestation payouts, it seems that they are trying to recover any losses. And that is so dishonest because the r/f should know about this, that in itself shows they are grossly dishonest and deviant, I just pray that all this comes out and the b/s can make a choice having the real accurate knowledge about the WTS and its leaders, the GB.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Which brings us back to the question: Why no TV ministry?

..... A TV ministry would dry up that money machine quickly by generating a high-profile examination on the part of the newly well-informed public. An actual full-frontal presentation of the weirdness behind JW thinking would kill the vague persona of citizen do-gooders who clean up after themselves at conventions. The scrutiny would become intensely focused on Brooklyn, NY and the actual men who are power brokers on the throne of power.

Publicity has served the corporate purpose when they can frame that publicity as Kingdom Work. Publicity of a different nature could destroy them!

Money/investment/storing up treasures on Earth is more important than the urgent message...as you say, JWs don't feature on TV - I think the only one I saw was Paul Gillies being interviewed after that young mother died giving birth to twins, he said that her refusing blood was her sole and personal decision as an adult - and he blatantly lied and said ''we only Baptise as adults'' - and would a 'Worldly' person question that?

What I'D like to see is a feature film made of the Watchtower - all factual, but directed by (maybe) Spielberg (he's thorough with those historical 'movies') - it would certainly be seen by millions...I think it would have a big impact too.....anyone got Spielberg's email addy...? lol

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Sub-question in this thread: WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING?

I've commented here before, and I'll say it again: These guys are not stupid. They are in the process of "conveying their assets". They got burned in California and don't intend to let "Jehovah's riches" ($13 million) be given to apostates again. That's the reason why Brooklyn is for sale. The assets are being moved offshore to a safe haven outside the jurisdiction of the U.S. No federal judge can touch your assets if they're outside the U.S. That's why OJ hasn't had to pay a penny of the multi-million dollar judgment against him by the Goldmans in all these years. He's surely worth millions, but no judge can touch it. He just draws off "pocket cash" through a third party to keep him going month to month. No bank accounts that could be attached. Lease your car and live in a home in Florida where homes are immune from judgments. It works. With what you know about the WT, if you were in the liability insurance business, would you want them as a client? Very high risk. Believe me, they know this better than we do.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Money is only half of what they are after. Power is the other half. They are determined to be the brains of the members, controling everything they do. And, it is soon going to tighten up in ways that are almost impossible to accurately predict--new a$$embly rules, having full-time dressup required for all witlesses, having the embarrassment necklaces instead of the blood card, strict requirements of accounting for 100% of your time, etc. All they want is to make sure you do not act independently, lest they lose their bogus power that they worked so hard for.

However, once the money is gone, they are not going to be able to continue pursuing the power. That may be why they invest the money instead of spending it. Much of it goes to defend pedophiles and silence the victims. That is the money half--which is necessary in order to continue extorting power.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    why this has been such an ineffective ministry

Good question..The WT now claims 37million copies each issue (that could not be found in the study issue) The Awake 35million. I make that around 1,308,000,000 copies every year plus all the books brochures and all. So why do not more people understand? It is evident that the method is not working if their goal was to let the whole world know..I believe that they want to reach the selective ones that may show interest and never mind the rest.

If they trumpeted the "end time message" too loudly on TV they could lose the good will of the cities that rent them stadiums to hold assemblies and other valuable contacts.

I do not see the goal as being just money. The men do not seem to be taking out money for themselves - I am with those who see it as a power trip..I met plenty of those sort in my time.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Then the word of the LORD came to Zechariah saying, Thus says the LORD of hosts:

Execute true justice,

show mercy and compassion

everyone to his brother.

Do not oppress the widow or the

fatherless,

the alien or the poor.

Let none of you plan evil in his heart

against his brother.

But they refused to heed, shrugged

their shoulders, and stopped their ears so

that they could not hear.

Yes, they made their hearts like flint,

refusing to hear the law and the words which

the LORD of hosts had sent by His Spirit

through the former prophets. Thus great

wrath came from the LORD of hosts.

Therefore it happened, that just as He

proclaimed and they would not hear, so they

called out and I would not listen, says the

LORD of hosts.

But I scattered them with a whirlwind

among all the nations which they had not

known. Thus the land became desolate after

them, so that no one passed through or

returned; for they made the pleasant land

desolate. Zechariah 7:8-14

love michelle

• willyloman
    willyloman

I side with the "power not money" posters. It is about power, and more precisely it's about control. The JW religion attracts an inordinate number of control freaks, in my experience. It would interesting to see a study done on this. I once heard a lecture by a reformed control freak who said "I had to be right or I'd die." I'm one myself and I recognized the symptom.

This obsession with being right is an emotional epidemic that isn't given enough attention. Among the dub leadership, it runs rampant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit