Fire Up the street

by Undecided 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

This morning about 5 AM a fire truck went up the street, I could smell the smoke. They got it put out but the inside of the house was burned out. My wife's house burned down about 50 years ago close to there because the roads were covered with ice and the fire trucks couldn't get up the hill. It was a log house and some of the kids were playing with fireworks and one went through the eve from the outside and set it on fire.

Ken P.

• snowbird
    snowbird

How are you doing?

Sylvia

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Usually the best the fire department can do is stop a fire from spreading to next door.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Yikes. That's scary, scarier to see than I had imagined, the first time I saw a neighbors house fully engulfed, wow. I was 16 or so and a jw, my mom said, "quit saying 'jesus'". I couldn't help it.

Hey last year, a 2 story home a few miles from us burnt to a shell, only slump block left. The owner had just refinished the woodfloors and the house was full of fumes from the finish, a bad wire sparked and within 2-3 minutes there wasn't a chance. The fire station is literally right around the corner, perhaps 3 minutes away and they were too late! No one was home, thankfully.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit