Would the Governing Body ever suggest ...

by sacolton 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sacolton
    sacolton

that active spouses should leave their "non-believing" or "apostate" spouse?

The reason I ask is that when I asked my wife if she would follow this doctrine should it ever be activated

by the WTBTS. I disassociated myself recently, but my wife, who grew up as a Jehovah's Witness, is

still very much active.

Anyhow, when I asked if she would obey their order she couldn't answer, but instead just kept insisting

that "they would never do that!"

- sacolton

• carla
    carla

Mine said the same thing. Then if the jw & ubm are having a tough time for awhile the elders may suggest a seperation, just for a time of course, yeah right. They can use the spiritual endagerment thing though.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w88 11/1 pp. 22-23 pars. 12-13 When Marital Peace Is Threatened ***Absolute endangerment of spirituality also provides a basis for separation. The believer in a religiously divided home should do everything possible to take advantage of God’s spiritual provisions. But separation is allowable if an unbelieving mate’s opposition (perhaps including physical restraint) makes it genuinely impossible to pursue true worship and actually imperils the believer’s spirituality. Yet, what if a very unhealthy spiritual state exists where both mates are believers? The elders should render assistance, but especially should the baptized husband work diligently to remedy the situation. Of course, if a baptized marriage partner acts like an apostate and tries to prevent his mate from serving Jehovah, the elders should handle matters according to the Scriptures. If disfellowshipping takes place in a case involving absolute endangerment of spirituality, willful nonsupport, or extreme physical abuse, the faithful Christian who seeks a legal separation would not be going against Paul’s counsel about taking a believer to court.—1 Corinthians 6:1-8.

If circumstances are extreme, then, separation may be warranted. But flimsy pretexts obviously should not be used to obtain a separation. Any Christians who do separate must bear personal responsibility for that action and should realize that all of us will render an account to Jehovah.—Hebrews 4:13.

• seek2find
    seek2find

Hi I believe, as Blondie has pointed out, they already have. It's not a direct command, but is allowed as grounds for separation. I also may be faced with this issue in the future. I believe the elders encourage the mate to leave once they share their "apostate" views. That should be a red flag to all concerned that something is wrong. The real truth should never be afraid of the lie! If apostates are all about lies, why fear them? If you have the truth. As we all know though, the real lie is that the Organization has never had the "truth". If they did, they wouldn't be afraid of the internet and the information available there. They would have been up front about the UN issue and the child abuse scandal. We're expected to admit our mistakes while we allow them to attempt to cover theirs. It's the ultimate hypocrisy. seek2find

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Yes the saddest part being that almost anything could include "spiritual endangerment". Just simply discussing the theology and why you might disagree could be construed as "spiritual endangerment" or a sly tool of Satan. I mean really would any Elder speak up if a sister or brother left an "apostate", for that reason?

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I believe others have noted examples of elders supporting separation and/or divorce on the board.

My own personal experience with a couple in this situation was the husband was given very strict rules about what he could and could not talk about with his DFed wife. He was told it would be preferable if he would sleep in a different room and have very little to do with her until she was reinstated.

There was never any doubt that his wife was repentent (she was only DFed because she needed to be taught a lesson). There was never any doubt she would be reinstated after 6 months (she was told she would be). In the meantime, the elders found it necessary to be invasive in their marriage relationship.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I don't think they would right out and say to leave their non-believing spouses based on the legal ramifications, I'm sure that topic has come up and has been discussed

with their lawyers over the years. They are more than likely ask the lawyers first on what cards to throw on the table and then taking

the advise at hand. Lawyers always seem to play an important part in these kinds of cults. Remember one of their past presidents was a crooked lawyer, Joesph Rutherford.

Really empathize with you on this situation , there are quite a few other fellows here in this forum that are confronted with the very same predicament.

Hoping things work out ok....be strong and steadfast

• trudy
    trudy

Spiritual endangerment, according to WT teaching, is anything taught other than what the
    Watchtower teaches.

Who made them Christ?

Christ did not alter his teachings, ( Rev 2:25)
    nor does he have sheep in two folds, as depicted
    in one of the Watchtower magazines. It showed one group inside a
    protected fenced area and the others outside. This is not accord
    to Christ's teachings.

Christs sheep are Jews first, and then
    the gentiles who also became believers in THE WORD, and he made
    them one to be one fold.

It will be an interesting time when Christ appears and says,
    "Why say Lord Lord and you don't to the things I say?" ( Luke 6:46 )

Just like the Scribes and Pharisees, they cast out those who
    listened to Christ. Some believed upon Christ but wouldn't follow
    him for fear of the Jews, fear the religious leaders would cast them
    out and so they stayed in Jerusalem to meet starvation and death.

It wouldn't surprise me if one day the religious leaders of the Watchtower
    will instruct their followers to divorce an unbelieving mate.(of WT doctrine)
    Satan does not want to lose those he holds in prison.
    ( ps 146:7 Eccles 4:14, Is 42:4

Christ came to free the prisoners, if only they would listen to THE WORD
    God gave him to give to his people.
    John 6:40 see Darby translation.
    The JW's are being robbed.
    (Revelation 3:11
    I come quickly: hold fast what you have, that no one take thy crown."
    2 Thess 2:14-15 )

trudy
    (Psalm 27:12)
    "Deliver me not over to the will of mine adversaries; for false witnesses are risen up against me,
    and such as breathe out violence"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit