Ever had one of those days? (Just a vent)

by Layla33 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Layla33
    Layla33

Oh how happy I am to be home, I never ever thought I would make it in. It started off nice enough, I was supposed to have a pre-Valentine Day salsa party night with some friends. I was a bit excited, but I kept checking the weather and it was a little shaky. Then, a friend/coworker sends me an email stating that two MAJOR highways in the area were closed because of huge pile ups. NOT GOOD. I finally decide to leave a little early from work and that's when the fun begins.

I didn't realize it was as icy walking as the roads, but found out soon enough when I fell, yes FELL on the concrete in front of a coworker, as I was walking outside to my parking garage. He was kind enough to help me up, thank you, kind sir. Then I get to my car, drive into traffic and it is bumper to bumper. I call my close girlfriend and say, "I'm trying to make it, but I don't know if I can get to the Metro in time". THREE HOURS LATER, I get a call from my housemate, who asks me if I have my wallet because someone called her, an engineer from my building and says the found my wallet. YIKES! When I fell, my wallet fell out my pocketbook. Well there goes the plans and after thanking him profusely, I realize after sitting another HOUR IN TRAFFIC, that I wouldn't be able to get my wallet until tomorrow.

I never thought I would get here in my bed. Never thought I would see my dear laptop again. After eating some chinese food, I can exclaim "there is no place like home, there is no place like home."

My heart goes out to all those still stuck out in traffic...

• yumbby
    yumbby

That sucks. When living in Denver I had to walk about 12 blocks home from work and when it is snowing and sleeting at 20 degrees after work, I just couldn't wait to go to bed! I feel ya!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

See ....I am retired..don't have to worry about work!...

BUT..when I have one of those days it's usually when you walk by the same cabinet you walk by everyday but this time you knock yourself silly with the corner of the cabinet sticking out...

Or when you walk by a door you always walk by but this time your sleeve catches on it and pulls you back...

Then you go to get a drink of juice..yank it out of the fridge and realize you didn't tighten the lid before you put it away...clean-up aisle 5.

And of course you decide to do some ironing and the iron decides to clean itself when you are ironing something white..now you have big ugly brown spots on it and have to wash it again..

Or you go to the mailbox and do a dance like layla did because you don't realize that fine white stuff in the driveway is slipppppppppppery.Bummer...

All in all I guess I can't complain...unless you want to talk about the week my Garage door opener broke and my dishwasher broke and an uninsured driver backed into my car and I found out I was only covered for medical with an uninsured driver...

Snoozy....

ps...It is still bettre than traffic jams and getting stranded in the sleet and snow!..But there was this one time....

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Here you go, I made margaritas.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Mama said there'd be days like this.

Days where nothing seems to go right, Layla, I feel ya, honey, glad you made it home safe and sound, that's what matters the most!

To tomorrow...

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I was feeling sad that we haven't had winter this year, but after reading that I can say I'm glad we haven't. I'm glad you didn't break anything and you got home safe!

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

As someone already mentioned, it's time to take the train to Margaritaville.

-BONEZZ

• marmot
    marmot

Just finished "one of those days", ugh.

Started at 5am when I left for work, the streets hadn't been plowed yet (lousy Montreal snow removal, jerks) and I spun out after my car caught a rut on an on-ramp leading onto the bridge. Smashed hard into a curb, blew out a tire and had to limp it across the bridge whereupon I discovered that I didn't have a lug wrench with me. I pulled it off the road into the parking lot of a local business and left a note on the front seat then hitchhiked into work. The police called me at work later saying that they almost towed my car because they hadn't seen the note until the last minute.

Worked through a miserable shift with the worst tips I've ever (not) received, then had to borrow someone's car to go back to my apartment and get a jack and lug wrench then drive back to change the tire on my car. With daylight I could now see that my left front bumper corner had exploded into a zillion plastic bits and my front end was tweaked 3/8" to the right. I also had one completely fuxxored tire and a bent rim.

Luckily I was able to get a used tire and rim from a local shop for $65 and there doesn't seem to be any suspension or drivetrain damage. Still, that's $65 that could have gone towards groceries or dog food.

Now I've got a throbbing headache, my clothes are soaked and grimy from changing the tire in shin-deep snow and slush, and all I've got for supper is some cold greasy leftover take-out pizza.

Gah, I'm going to bed.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Oh my word, Marmot, what a terrible day! I'm glad you made it home safe and sound, and it sounds like going straight to bed was the right thing to do! I hope you are doing better now!!!

Rachel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit