An idea for those with "believing" mates

by Olin Moyles Ghost 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

In my short time on this board, I have noticed that there are many of us whose spouses do not yet share our balanced perception of the Society. The following suggestion is something I use with Mrs. Ghost from time to time. As always, your mileage may vary.

As has been posted previously, Google Books (http://books.google.com/) has a number of the old publications available in PDF format. Google Books has such classics as "Millions Now Living Will Never Die," "The Harp of God," and (my personal favorite) "The Finished Mystery." Yes, the 7th volume of Studies in the Scriptures, Pastor Russell's posthumous work, the (partial) cause of the Judge's incarceration, is available for free in PDF format. Here's the URL: http://books.google.com/books?id=dDQSOQV2RBIC.

So, you may ask, what does The Finished Mystery have to do with helping believing spouses to realize the truth about the organization? Well, as you may or may not know, The Finished Mystery includes a verse-by-verse discussion of Revelation...just like the Revelation Climax book that we are studying in the book study.

As part of my preparation for the book study, I take a few minutes to see what The Finished Mystery says about the verses we are covering each week. For example, we recently covered Rev. 14:20 about the winepress of the anger of God and the blood being up to the bridles of the horses for 1,600 furlongs. Well, you probably were not aware that the "winepress" represents none other than The Finished Mystery itself. Yes, God's winepress is a book. Wait, it gets better. The 1,600 (though The Finished Mystery uses 1200 for some reason) furlongs represents the distance from Scranton to Brooklyn. If you don't believe me, look on page 230.

Anyway, I enjoy showing tidbits like that to Mrs. Ghost. She thinks it is interesting and makes comments like "we still don't know what that means, do we?" Once in a while, I remind her that we teach that Jesus inspected the temple in 1918. And, this is what he saw the WTS teaching when he supposedly picked them.

Good grief. I just read what I wrote. How did my parents ever get suckered in by this nonsense? It's embarrassing.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

OMG! I love that angle you used. I just downloaded the 7th M, thanks for posting that. I can't believe that they did a verse by verse run by of Revelation, AND then had the gall to do it again. How anyone could believe that they represent Gawd, well I just can't fathom that level of crazy.

Welcome to the board, good luck with your wife.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Nice idea! I have seen people say many times that the best way to get someone out is using the society's own literature - surely nothing in there can harm us?!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Ah yes, the Finished Mystery!

On page 188 we are informed that the Archangel Michael, AKA Jesus, is the Pope!

Page 159 has this gem of wisdom:

"Whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon.--And he is 'a bad one' sure enough.--2 Cor. 4:4. But in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.--That is, Destroyer. But in plain English his name is SATAN, THE DEVIL."

The Revelation Climax book informs us that Michael is Jesus, and Abaddon is also Jesus.

So, following FDS logic, Jesus=Michael=Abaddon=Satan=the Pope!

Gotta hand it to the Watchtower, they have one up on the Mormons, who have Jesus and Satan cast as brothers.

• oompa
    oompa

OMG....you should post your comparison of the CLIMAX with the old stuff each week or so.....good stuff....that book drove me nuts the first time we studied it....now we do our own literal cut an paste in it??? geeze....oompa

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Oompa said: "you should post your comparison of the CLIMAX with the old stuff each week or so"

That would be fun...wish I had the time/talent. I've got a lot of respect for folks like Blondie, V, and others who put a lot of time and research into analyzing the week's WT studies. Truly they are providing food at the proper time; keeping us spiritually well-fed; a banquet of well-oiled dishes...

• oompa
    oompa

OMG, glad you understood what CLIMAX I wanted you to compare!..........oompa

Ya gotta love any book with the word CLIMAX in it

• oompa
    oompa

BTW, is The Finished Mystery the same as the burgandy Babylon book with the seperate question book? I was a kid studying that one, and I thought it was a verse by verse of Revelation.....oompa

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    you should post your comparison of the CLIMAX with the old stuff each week or so.....good stuff

Oh. please do...it would be great!

Then we can see how Mrs. ghost is coming along.....lol

And how your reasoning is working....

hope4others

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Oompa: "is The Finished Mystery the same as the burgandy Babylon book with the seperate question book?"

Actually not; you may be thinking of "Then is Finished the Mystery of God"--a 60s/70s psychadelic masterpiece from The Oracle himself, Fred Franz. I'm talking about "The Finished Mystery" which is the 7th volume of studies in the scriptures, released in 1917.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit