Bobby Knight resigns effective immediately!

by looking_glass 2 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

So according to the AP wires, the reason he is resigning is cause he is "tired" and basketball is no longer fun. Does something not seem quite right here. I wonder if there is more to this story. Think about it, this guy is legendary. Most of us would expect him to die on the court, not walk away from it cause it is no longer fun. What has changed about the game that makes it no longer fun. It is not like MJ who retired from bb only to try his hand at baseball (and fail) and then return to bb.

Any opinions out there? Mine is that he has an illness that is serious and we will find out about it a little later.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Sounds like the real answer isn't available to the general public...

I don't wish him well, no matter what he does. That legendary anger is not appropriate, I don't care how many games he's won!

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I totally agree about his anger issues. I also agree that his winning allowed him to get away w/ a lot more then a losing coach would have been allowed to get away w/. Truthfully, I am surprised he did not crash of a heart attack due to his out of control anger and my guess out of control BP. I just wonder what the story is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit