"This Generation..." dogma change. Any effect??

by Asheron 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Asheron
    Asheron

Has anyone seen any fall out from the "this generation" change? I wanted to call my brother and mom on this one but they will prob reply with the "new light" mind control response. Any faders hearing any moans or groans?

Ash

• 5go
    5go

I heard it brought up at my bookstudy that was about it.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Forget the vagueness, I liked it back in the old days when they gave out dates!

Stephen

• Asheron
    Asheron

Yea...I was around for the "alive till 75" routine. My mother gave all of the insurance money we got after my father died in 74 to the org. We were so poor I could only eat lunch every other day in school and I wore the same clothes every f'in day because a bunch of old high school dropouts in NY think they can predict the future.

Ash

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I don't think anyone's really going to notice. When I read it, it just made me scratch my head and wonder more about what they used to teach. To me, the logical leaps make it so confusing that I don't give it much thought. The big 1995 change was a much bigger deal because even though the society didn't give out the date, everyone was looking at 1994 because that was the end of the biblical "generation" and the end was supposed to come by then. This change doesn't really mess with the dates at all, as there are none anymore. Before and after this latest change, the end was still some vague, undetermined time in the near future (e.g. "just around the corner").

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

not yet -if there is going to be fall out it will be after the article is studied

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit