Venus Williams is engaged

by orbison11 7 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

Tennis star Venus Williams is engaged to her boyfriend of a year Hank Kuehne. (over the holidays)

• blondie
    blondie

Is he a JW?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Poor Michael Jackson - always a bridesmaid, never a groom!

• Swan
    Swan

So now the big question is will the elders let her get married in the Kingdom Hall?

Tammy

• Bryan
    Bryan

He's a golf pro who graduated from Southern Methodist University.

Obviously, satan has gotten his claws on poor little Venus.

http://www.pgatour.com/players/02/35/52/

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think Venus and her sister are baptized so they couldn't have a wedding in the KH anyway. I know for sure only that the mom Oracene is baptized as a JW. I wonder what she is thinking? Money greases the way.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Not to seem indifferant, but WHO really cares!!! I get so sick and tired of hearing front page headlines about celebrities! Is it really that much of a yank to keep up on who's doing what to who for what and why? Venus Shmenus.....................

SHEESH!!!!!!!

Hope I didn't hurt your feelings.

NMG

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I can't remember who it was, but one of our black posters (Mrs. Jones?) made a comment to the effect that predominantly black congs aren't as punitive with df'ing, shunning, etc. as white congs are. I would imagine that the congs in Compton California (and we've all heard the stories about how different California JW's are anyway) are comprised mostly of black folks (just guessing) so the SoCal, black JW environment that Serena and Venus experienced growing up might have been a lot less harsh than the JW environment that most of us experienced, and so it seems possible to me that Venus probably isn't experiencing any major feelings of cog diss or of doing something majorly wrong. This is all just speculation based on what I've read about black congs here on JWD, and my experience with black people in general, I could be way off here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit