feild service / pushy pioneer sister, brother etc

by megaflower 4 Replies latest jw friends

• megaflower
    megaflower

I would get so embarresed in fields service when the person I was working with would be bound and determined to find someone at home

1. look in windows

2. walk around to the back of house (snooping)

3.return to the door and knock very loud followed by door bell and repeat at least 2 more times.

4. If we did find someone at home insert foor in door and talk and talk

5. Approach anyone in the yard no matter what they were doing- hey you under the car we want to discuss thwe bible

6. Person on tractor plowing-try to catch them to place a tract

7. If a car was leaving the driveway run to catch them before they get into the street, must get the message to them

Fell free to add on

• faundy
    faundy

The worst was getting people out of bed. I was mortified for them.

For what? A leaflet they wouldn't even read.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another thing I hated was when we would race ahead of a bus just to get the people at the stop. I was always waiting for someone to get into an accident because of that.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i must confess this....

whilst i was never a reg pioneer and only aux pioneered once..... i DID do the jumping out of the car to grab a householder pulling out of their driveway to place ... i think a kingdom news?

but in my defence!!! it was rural territory, at the end of a snow-covered and rutted dirt road, in the winter time and NO ONE wanted to have to come back to try to find someone home.....

so... was it for the benefit of the householder?

hell no...... it was to keep from having to listen to some lame @ss BS from a pushy pioneer to "finish the territory before the CO visit".... i got me a N/I instead of a not-at-home!!! score!!!

• flipper
    flipper

MEGAFLOWER- Welcome to the board ! Good thread and subject ! I worked with some, especially one paricular elder who would, when someone said, " I"m not interested". Would not take no for an answer ! This guy would stick his foot in the householders door, and conceitedly say, " Well, maybe you need to look at things from this perspective. " I saw many householders slam the door in his face- because he was not respectful and wouldn't take " not interested" for an answer! Psycho brother, really

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit