What the UN thing means to me

by joelbear 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• joelbear
    joelbear

I have thought from the beginning that the UN thing was being way overblown in terms of importance and have said so here.

But, you know what, it is a big deal. The Watchtower Society is taking the easy way out of the situation by "using" the UN rather than standing firm in their beliefs and relying on Jehovah for assistance. I feel the same way about the UN membership that I did about the lawsuit with Swaggart and the Krishnas. At the very least these two events could be seen as being stumbling and you know what the Bible says about anyone who stumbles one of the little ones.

It also makes the accusations of the Watchtower dealing with Hitler much more credible. Was that a "righteous lie" too?

It didn't take much integrity on the org's part to join the UN to benefit from its priveleges. Sure, maybe it did make their preaching work easier but so would 1000 other compromises it could make. Either you stand for something or you don't, period.

All through our lives we have been discouraged or even scared away from taking the easy way out by compromising our belief system. Seems to me a compromised belief system isn't worth very much.

I can say that as for me, I only belief in groups and people who stand by their beliefs and there aren't many of those inside or outside of the Watchtower infrastructure.

Joel

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good post Joel,seeing things for what they are,is the first step to a better life...OUTLAW

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

What are the changes this UN situation will be discussed openly by the WTS with Joe Publisher?

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

"What are the changes this UN situation will be discussed openly by the WTS with Joe Publisher?"

Zip, zero, nada, nothing, never, zilch.

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

Ohhh how embarassing I said changes when I meant chances!

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

The leaders come into the metallic age:
    lead within the feet,
    silver in the hair
    and gold in the mouth.

and thereafter?
    the melting starts

• battman
    battman

<What are the chances this UN situation will be discussed openly by the WTS with Joe Publisher?">

You guys are correct HOWEVER,

This is a golden opportunity for us to "spread the
    Good News" hahaha

Kept this topic alive
    1 here at JW Discussion
    2 on any other board
    3 send copies to friends family
    4 elduhs, ms and R&F
    5 send info to newspapers
    6 call Geraldo Rivera (when he gets back from A'stan) haha

advertise, advertise, advertise in these "critical" times.

by there works/works/misdeeds ye shall know them

battman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit