HaPPy BoNFire NiGHt/to all you Brits.

by ZazuWitts 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Just wanted to wish you all a festive time - take care handling the fireworks, but enjoy, enjoy, one and all. Do any of you participate in Guy Fawkes/Bonfire activities? I'm sure some of us Yanks would like to hear about it.

• Lesley
    Lesley

Thank you very much,

We are going to a firework display in our local park this evening. It will be the first time for our 3 children, and they are really excited! We will be leaving in a little while, once my husband's parents and 2 of our children's friends get here.

We will be visiting the U.S. in a couple of weeks and we will get to know what Thanksgiving is like too!

Lesley

• ballistic
    ballistic

there loads going off all round here, it's like being in a war zone!

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

Um, I know I've been out of it all for a while, but isnt bonfire night on November the 5th?! As in 'Remember, remember the 5th of November....'?!

• toddy
    toddy

Thanks ZazuWitts,I.W your right Nov 5th is Guy Fawkes Night,but all the big public displays will be on tonight as im sure you will hear.

• dmouse
    dmouse

As JWs we used to worry about celebrating bonfire night but it seems ok now.
    It's those bastards who let off heavy-duty air bombs at three in the morning that piss me off. Not much sleep tonight then.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Cheers, Zazu:

Just in case you're a bit hazy about November 5th, here's some info:

* http://www.bonefire.org/guy/remember.html

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• Simon
    Simon

um.. I think it's our fault for telling Zazu we were having bonfire night tonight. Saturday is just so much more civilised than doing it after work on Monday!

BTW: Just got home from setting a load off at ISPs - we had a great time

• ISP
    ISP

Yeah that was fun...Simon! I liked the spinning one that did a tour of the garden....and on the second occasion you were running for cover. I was concerned also ...I admit! HeHe!

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit