I think I 'm confused?

by Cotton Tail 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Cotton Tail
    Cotton Tail

I have been disassociated for almost ten years and would not step foot into a Kingdom Hall if you paid me. I have been lurking around the board for the past month or so making posts hear and there but I am confused. It sounds like there is a great deal of you who frequent the board still attend the Kingdom Hall. Am I mininterpreting the comments? And if you are still attending isn't it an outright conflict of interest according to the regulations set out by the "Organization"? Why would you even waste your time, technically you are already doomed?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

In reading several posts since earlier this year, I can tell you this. Some here still have family and have not left the org for good, because they don't want to be shunned. That is why several here don't leave their email address available. Or, like me, they have two or more email addresses so nobody that is a JW would know who they are. Believe me, those people out there don't want to break up their family, or loose friends, so they go to the meetings once or twice a month, and write an hour or two on their service report. Like you, I was able to make a clean break with no regrets, but not all of us can.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Here is the page of the dumbest Jehovah's Witness I have ever seen.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

"...and write an hour or two on their service report."

An hour or two? Hell, as long as you're making it up anyway, you might as well go for the gusto--auxiliary pioneer!

Hmmm

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

cottontail.
    Were ALL confused thats why we are here.
    Just sink into the mire with the rest of us.
    But seriously, Im not too sure about what Im in myself.
    Are these guys Witnesses? Apostates?
    Who knows!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I guess we all have a tale to tell
    I'm still in while I try to open my families minds a crack. I have no high expectations of seeing them join me, as I'm too much of a realist.
    If I thought I could stand it I might stay in just to stop the family strife that leaving the borg will cause.
    The truth is I will certainly be taking my body out, to where my mind and heart resides, before too long. It's getting harder every week.
    Am I weak to put my conscience before my family's disruption?
    Hmmmm...I don't think so, somehow.
    Am I confused?
    Nope - never been clearer!

LT

• serenaj92
    serenaj92

I talked to many of JWs before I got out and tried to let them see that I wasn't evil and that I am a good person before I left. My point is.....its not the men of the borg that decide who goes into the new system, its God. When I am in the new system, or heaven, or whatever else God has planned for us all, then I will stand and say "Gee look, I wasn't a JW and I am here!" I totally understand why some stay just to be close to family and friends. I still have lots of them talk to me secretly and I tell them the good things that I do (you will know them by their works) so they know they won't be alone out in this evil abyss if they leave the Borg. I couldn't stay within because it literally made me sick to my stomach to see such good people be forced to be so mean to each other. There is nothing Christlike in shunning someone just because they don't want to be Jehovah's witnesses. Men made up that name. Nobody called God or got a fax saying this is what ye shall be called.
    So my heart goes out to those who want to close to family and have found a way to do so. We should be peaceable with all men. And I feel the ones that stay for family and friends are doing just that.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Littletoe.

So whats the score at the moment?

E-mail when you get a minute.

Pub.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit