Ex-witnesses you could get in touch with, but don't really want to

by B_Deserter 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Anybody run into this? I have a few.

1. My older brother. He got disfellowshipped but all of us still talk to him. My mom refuses to follow the mandate of cutting off family members totally if they don't live with you. I called him when I first wanted to leave the religion, and he was understandably supportive. He's what can impolitely be described as a religious nut. Joined up with a Pentecostal church, then a few others, now just kind of invented his own religion which is a mix of Watchtower teachings with more traditional views. He believes the trinity is a body of authority like the Supreme Court. Jehovah, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are separate from each other, but they act as one authority and can be addressed in singular form, such as when someone "addresses the court." I know nothing about the trinity other than watchtower sources (which I'm SURE are really fair about describing it). Anyway, I'm Atheist and this isn't the stuff that bothers me. What's really annoying is the fact that he tried to get me to move to Cambodia with him to set up a biodiesel farm, build schools, and teach people and whatnot. The whole intensity of it I just can't handle at this point.

2. My aunt. She is very likely certifiably insane. She wrote a letter to the government accusing my mother of abusing my grandfather because she wouldn't let him take his cancer medication, which is utter baloney because my mother DRIVES HIM TO THE FREAKING HOSPITAL FOR CHEMO! Every conversation with my aunt is all about who is out to scam her. It's all about her, and it's all negative, all the time. She doesn't even know I'm not a witness anymore. The last time I heard from her she called me and said that I must be shunning her and that what my mom is saying about her is all a lie. My aunt is now a mormon.

3. A friend of mine that ended up moving out of state and executing a successful fade. Her and I were pretty close, and I had a thing for her. If you think my previous <a href="http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/148934/1.ashx">girl story </a>is embarrassing, this one is far, far worse. I did things that were so humiliating I'll never tell another human being. Anyway, I hounded her like I did the other girl. Then I found her myspace page and freaked. She belonged to this anonymous sex club. I called her mom (yeah, I know, PSYCHO. I can only plead Watchtower insanity) and gave her the address. I truly feel bad now because I actually ruined her fade. Everyone back home knows every bit of her dirty laundry so now she can't show her face back up here again without the elders probably hounding her. I suspect she wanted to leave the religion for quite a while. Anyway, I'd love to see her personality from a non-crazy, non-watchtower-slanted point of view, but other than that I have no desire to really talk to her at all. She's the barfly type, which I don't really have a lot in common with anyway. If it weren't for the witnesses, we wouldn't be friends.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Totally understand that! I just had to tell you how I chuckled while reading the last sentence about your aunt. I read it "moron" instead of "mormon". I had to do a double take. I guess it's too early for me to be on here! Kitten Whiskers

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I doubt this is an XJW phenomenon actually. But, I agree, probably not people I would want to get in touch with.

Jeff

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I would not want to get in touch with Danny Haszard. I have never even contacted him.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

got a good one for you guys............. my wife grew up with a young lady....... they have been tight since the age of like 12..... in fact when we got married...... she was the maid of honor..... welll a few years later this girl has moved and we have moved........ wife wants to know if she should bother to keep up with her since she will probably never leave the dubs........... i tell her....... do what you think is right because your not under their laws anymore........... so since she just had a child my wife decides she will try and contact her old friend to send her a picture and just to let her know how we are doing.............

wife googles her and calls but gets a machine......... so no voice to KNOW its her........ so wife says if you are so in so from this place.......... im so in so.......... just trying to get in touch with you...... this is my number.

so what does this so called best friend for life do............ she calls my wifes uber judgemental psyco witness aunt. and starts telling her all this drama bulls***.

my wifes bff has a sister in law who was going to a church that we also attended and apparently she told her some things about us and that church and the jw ministry they had going on...... so without speaking to my wife........... she tries to start some s*** by calling her aunt...........

now she could have called my wifes aunt and gotten my mother in laws number............... and asked her or gotten my wifes number from her and then asked my wife............. thing is........ she DIDNT want to connect with my wife...... she wanted to start some drama and she knew how F*&^%$# ignorant auntie dearest was.

so wife says...... thats pretty much an answer from god........... so then two or three months later bitch decides to call my wife......... we were out........... she left a message............. just wanted to catch up with you............. BULLS*** if that was the case she woulda called us instead of her aunt......... needless to say that call was NOT returned, nor will it be

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

For the most part all of the people who I know that left I wouldn't be bothered running in to, but i'm sure there are some crazies that i'm forgetting ;)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

the enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit