Re-Appointment as an Elder or Servant

by MARTINLEYSHON 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

Were you at any time after being removed, or resigned as an elder or servant tempted to reach out for the position a second or third time? If the answer is yes, for Goodness sake put me out of my misery and tell me why?

Be kind because I have not posted for a while.

• shell69
    shell69

My wonderful husband was a MS.

in 1997 we moved congos to the siter cong. The reason as follows; I had raised an issue with a brother I knew when I was a child/ friend of the family. He used his friendship with my family to abuse be. Just to infomr you, this was, as the police later classed it.. 'a minor abuse case', however. when I heard this man was serving as an elder in the Haslingden congregation, but more than that, that he and his wife were registered child minders I felt I had to flag the issue.

Our PO at the time was UTTERLEY non supporting. So much so he instructed a local needs talk along the lines of... we were doing the work of the devil in persuing this matter with a sprirt apointed elder!

When we left the cong and moved on, they refused to send a letter of reccomendation for my husband.

I SWEAR SOLEMNLY TO YOU. all my dear husband had done was support his wife whilst I took the matter further.

The ironic thing is .. the original PO was eventually DF'd for kiddy fiddling. He's since been re-instated and I've seen him on the ministry in the local area.

My husband and I are both now DA'd.

Shell

• R.F.
    R.F.

I know a few Elders/MS that either resigned or were removed from these positions and ended up being re-appointed later on. Of course, all of these were always faithful to the religion, so there's no doubt they always viewed is as being the right thing for them to reach out.

As for me, i'll NEVER try to reach out for re-appointment.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Yes...
    ----- there was a time when I moved to a congregation that had just 2 elders, and no Ministerial Servants:
    - and these two elders were praying for an MS to move in, and give them some relief.

But,then, there was also a time when I believed in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy as well!

Jack.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The ironic thing is .. the original PO was eventually DF'd for kiddy fiddling. He's since been re-instated and I've seen him on the ministry in the local area.

Good grief! Another pedophile within the congregation. He was disfellowshipped, so they HAD to have had two witnesses to the event. And still no report to the police or warning to others that he might molest again! And worse, after his reinstatement, he has been out in field circus where he could molest a child at the door. No wonder I call them witlesses.

• minimus
    minimus

I left the cong. I was in as an elder and went elsewhere after a witchhunt ensued. I wanted to get my "good name" back and I was appointed a MS and a few years later an elder again. In the 2nd Hall that I was in, I was quite "loved". After many years "proving myself", I resigned, started regularly missing meetings and eventually disappeared. I did it my way but it was the only way for me since I was raised a JW and that's all I had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit