Went to a high school class dinner

by Undecided 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Last night I went to a dinner of school class mates. It was interesting to see many of the old people I knew at school 57 years ago. I didn't recognize many of them and when I did I couldn't remember their names. I'm lucky to have stayed so young compared to most of them. There was one guy that still looked about my age. The rest looked so much older than me. I'm not bragging, it just surprised me. I'm so lucky to have survived like I have. I wished I had taken my camera. Only a few have died, I guess we were healthy back then.

Ken P.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Good for YOU Ken P! i ahve attended all of my class reunions in the past. I am, in fact, on the committee myself. It has always been alot of fun and yes some folks don't fare as good as the rest. We have always taken pictures of differant groups of us. Contrary to what the gb may say, there is nothing wrong in renewing old friendships. Our 40th is coming up this summer and we are scheduled to have our first meeting for it in January. I too, do not look my 57years young. my wife and I stay young and healthy by golfing, bowling and long walks together. keep up the posts young man.

nomoreguilt

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good for you Ken.

Thats one thing I miss about living in Florida.

I went to school in cleveland. I moved down here at 28.

So I dont ever get to see my childhood friends.

I did get up to Cleveland for my 20th reunion. It was kind of upsetting to see most everyone looking older.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Older happens, stay young.

• alias
    alias

... must be all that leaf raking you're doing. See, it all pays off!

alias

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I told him what to do about the leaves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit