Probably the Most Awkward Moment of My Life...

by tnangel73 9 Replies latest jw friends

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

But I got through it. I'm going to have to surgery soon. A hysterectomy. Anyway, I asked my mom to drive me to the doctor because I started working 3rds this week and I didn't really want to drive in the big city traffic.LOL.Knoxville equals big city to me. Anyway, the appointment was just basically a pre-op going over what would be done and signing releases. My doctor was going down the list of releases, and she asked the standard if there is extreme blood loss if I would want a transfusion or not. My mom was in there with me. Awkward silence errupted. My doctor asked if I was a Jehovah's Witness. I said "Well, I was raised one."

I said I would take a transfusion. My mother was silent. I told her we would discuss it later. Later came. I said matter of factly that if it came down to me living or dying I would take the transfusion. I said that I don't believe that a transfusion is the same as eating blood that the Bible was talking about. I also brought up the flip flops about organ transplants. I have a very young son and that it would be stupid way to die and leave him an orphan, if I refused a transfusion. And then I said that is all I want to discuss about it. And that was it.

• Kudra
    Kudra

How did you mom respond when you told her you were going to (if needed) take a transfusion?

What about the flip-flops? She probably lived through that one.

Interesting!

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

She didn't really have an answer for any of what I brought up. Just silence.

She was baptized in 65 or 66 I think, so, yes, she did go through all that.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

HUGS

Good on you sweetie!

I'm sorry you are going through this, I'm glad to hear you have a son. Let us know how you are doing.

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

Thank you. I'll let you all know. It'll be a couple of months before surgery because I also have to see another doctor beforehand.

Surgery is scheduled for Valentine's Day. LOL That might only be ironic in my mind.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

good for you - there's nothing like telling the truth and letting people deal with it however they want to.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

You chose life. Isn't that what we are supposed to do?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Good for you, it is your decision what you do after all. I think that's great you stood up for what you want- for you and your son.

• avishai
    avishai

Keep us posted as to how you are doing, that one can take a bit to recover from.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Proud of you. Now put it out of your mind for a couple months. It'll be fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit