THIS WILL ONLY INTEREST U K MEMBERS

by BluesBrother 8 Replies latest social physical

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It seems we gifted Croatia a laugh at our expense before the game last Wednesday, let alone afterwards !

alt E-mail this to a friend alt Printable version
    Anthem gaffe 'lifted Croatia'
    By Frank Keogh
    alt

altOpera singer Tony HenryIf I have offended any Croatians, they have my deepest apologies Singer Tony Henry
    Croatia rose to the occasion in their crucial Euro 2008 defeat of England - after an apparent X-rated gaffe by an English opera singer at Wembley.

Tony Henry belted out a version of the Croat anthem before the 80,000 crowd, but made a blunder at the end.

He should have sung 'Mila kuda si planina' (which roughly means 'You know my dear how we love your mountains').

But he instead sang 'Mila kura si planina' which can be interpreted as 'My dear, my penis is a mountain'.

altReplay: Croatia anthem singer's mistake

Now Henry could be one of the few Englishmen at the Euro 2008 finals in Austria and Switzerland as Croatian fans adopt him as a lucky omen.

They believe his mistake relaxed their chuckling players, who scored an early goal in the 3-2 win that put Croatia top of the group and knocked out England.

{full article on BBC link)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7109058.stm

• south african beef
    south african beef

Absolute classic!!!!!!!!!

We need something funny to lift ourselves from the doldrums.

Being an avid Formula 1 fan and bearing in mind what has happened in that sport this year, I was wondering whether the name 'McLaren' was inherently unlucky!

Regards,

SAB

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

scotland have already voted for their player of the year.

scott carson

• llbh
    llbh

Very funny lol. I wondered why he looked the way he did.

llbh

• Clam
    Clam

Haha very good. I'm left wondering if 'My dear, my penis is a mountain' is some kind of Croatian chat up line? I don't find it very easy to sit and watch England play football anymore, especially after the last world cup fiasco. I turned over after 10 minutes.These overpaid underachievers seem to be a product of the modern game. Like Lawrence Dallaglio, the England rugby player said the other day, " Andrex should sponsor the soccer Premiership, they're both soft and unnecessarily expensive."

• fifi40
    fifi40

Tijkmo

My hubby is from Glasgow originally............we have only just started talking again since Wednesday........I wouldnt mind but me and his best (English) buddy sat through the Scotland match last Saturday (down the pub) willing the Scots to get through.....

I still cant get my head around why we as English would want Scotland to win and get through ..........but why many of the Scots (predominantly the male of the species) support any side that is opposing England......I will say the same to you as I do to him......you are raised as bigots

Oh and how mad is Mc Clarens pay off??????

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I still cant get my head around why we as English would want Scotland to win and get through ..........but why many of the Scots (predominantly the male of the species) support any side that is opposing England......I will say the same to you as I do to him......you are raised as bigots

i'm english..

living in scotland

i spent last saturday with my scottish relatives cheering every scottish attack...

and they spent wednesday evening cheering every croation move.

(i also kept checking northern ireland's thin hopes on wednesday)

but i am not above humour....and scottish humour is amongst the funniest..both at the english and at themselves

• Dansk
    Dansk

It's becoming something whan a penis is harder than an English defence!

Ian

• bluebell
    bluebell

I didn't know about that! Just showed my hubby too. v funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit