Watchtower a Money Lender?

by sunnyiii 4 Replies latest jw friends

• sunnyiii
    sunnyiii

help me make sense of this:

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2001/1159.html

It is yet another legal hassle the WT is involved in, as they try to reposses someone's home in the UK!

The more I dig, the more I find....

Gosh, was my head in the sand!

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Hi,
    if I'm right there was a post here 2 weeks ago about Watchtower Investments Ld, and it was figured out that it has nothing to do with JW Watchtower Society.

Happy Day!!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Correct; just because a company is named Watchtower, doesn't mean it has anything to do with THE Watch Tower - and this one definitely has not!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Sunny: The Watch Tower Society would not place their name so directly on an investment company. I made this mistake sometime ago. I called a security company called "Watch Tower Security" to see if they were affiliated. The owner told me he selected the name because he was thinking of how watch-towers were once used for the security of forts. He said that he got so many calls that he was planning on changing the name of his company.

Any investments the Society has are likely done through bank trusts where we cannot know the name of the real investor. The only way to penetrate such 'trusts' are through court order. Another way would be for the Sosciety to set up a separate corporation under a totally different name, with the Society as a holding company, and then they can invesnt under almost any name that has no connection to them. - Amazing

• sunnyiii
    sunnyiii

Thanks for clearing that one up! I guess when you discover the religion you considered the "truth" all your life has been riding the WILD BEAST for 10 years, well, then, anything is possible.

I expect to find many more shocking things as time goes by. Corruption in one area usually breaks down all resistance to further hyposcrisy and deceit. Actually, I haven't quite been able to find the words to decribe what has happened here, or how I feel....I guess my ex-JW friend (and high school partner in crime) said it best last week: "It's just a cult".

No one is immune.

Damn them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit