Why would a God want worship anyway?

by radar 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• radar
    radar

The need to be worshiped is a human failing rather than divine.

When you look into history, you find that it as been the Tyrants, that have required worship/devotion, from its people.

Look into the bible, you find a battle over worship. There is Satan who supposedly wanted just one act of worship from Jesus, and he would give kingdoms away.
    Then there is God, who reportedly required the sacrifice of thousands of animals on a weekly basis as part of his worship. ( Psalm 40:6. Obedience was better than sacrifice, but God wanted both)
    Then there is the beseeching and the begging and imploring and the reading in an undertone day and night, and the bowing down and the praising and the sacrifice, the attending of the Temple, the falling down on their faces of the Angels and so on.

Today millions of muslims pray towards Mecca, five times a day.
    The Jews have their "Wailling wall"
    All seeking to please their God.

Does all this not strike you as odd?

Is all this worship compatable with a superior benevolent being?

What loving parent would not speak to their Children when they spoke to them?

Yet what happens when people pray? NOTHING! It may be claimed that God answers in various(mysterious) ways.
    why does this God not answer people directly?
    And tell them about his nature, his purpose, what happens at death, but not just to one people but to the whole of mankind, everyone.

Then everyone would know the truth, no religious divisions, end of confusion. This would be such a simple thing for a God.
    Yet instead, we see the slaughter and abuse of mankind, left in utter confusion over religion.

Radar

Where there is no sense, there is no feeling

• joelbear
    joelbear

The concept of god may simply be the human need to feel needed, if only by an invisible being who supposedly has told us he needs us to love him.

Joel

• hippikon
    hippikon

Good Point

• openminded
    openminded

That makes sense Joel.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Perhaps Homer Simpson said it best.

When he was asked, "If God is all powerful, why does he care if
    we worship him?", he responded,

"You see, although God is very powerful, he is also very insecure,
    like Barbara Striesand before James Broland. That guy is a rock."

That answer is about as good as you're going to find.

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

Somebody tell me where in the Bible it says a creative day is 7000years, I cant find it. Also, At the fall God said Adam would die in that day . he didnt( unless you believe a day is a thousand years).
    What did Satan say? 'You shall be like God knowing good and evil"
    God confirms this himself saying the "man has become like us knowing good and evil"
    Did God fib?. The serpent truthed?
    Possible? or am I mislead by wicked reasoning?
    Also, how can there be light on day two if the sun wasnt created till day 4?
    chew on those ones....

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

Somebody tell me where in the Bible it says a creative day is 7000years, I cant find it. Also, At the fall God said Adam would die in that day . he didnt( unless you believe a day is a thousand years).
    What did Satan say? 'You shall be like God knowing good and evil"
    God confirms this himself saying the "man has become like us knowing good and evil"
    Did God fib?. The serpent truthed?
    Possible? or am I mislead by wicked reasoning?
    Also, how can there be light on day two if the sun wasnt created till day 4?
    chew on those ones....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit