In a blink

by bem 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bem
    bem

This song by Kenny Chesney is such a great song the words are so true, when I faded from jw existence to a life I relized that life is too short and there are some very elemental things that make it worth living and pretty much the rest filler to be able to exist. Family and I mean the ones who care for us and about us are whats important not necessarily the people we are kin too, but the family we choose. Take time to listen to this video there is an interview with a man 102 years old at the begining of the video this alone makes it worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ySSg4QG8g

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

That was beautiful, it all goes by too quickly.

I totally agree with what you said about your family being people you choose and not necessarily kin. My philosophy is "you make your family" and you do that by surrounding yourself with positive people that are supportive of you, and you of them. I will not let negative people be a part of my life. It is too short and there are too many other things that I can't control..

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Beautiful. Some pretty scary truth in all that. I blinked a couple times and here I am past that 50 mark and flyin' fast. Yesterday my dear cousin of 65 walked to the garage, fell in mid-stride, dead. We bury him this week. He I were just kids two blinks ago.

Live.

Jeff

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

A Precious video echoing precious advice. Thanks for sharing.

hugs,

Annie

• Open mind
    Open mind

AK-Jeff:

Yesterday my dear cousin of 65 walked to the garage, fell in mid-stride, dead. We bury him this week.

Very sorry to hear that Jeff. Please accept my condolences.

And bem, excellent food for thought.

Thank you.

Open Mind

• bem
    bem

I am happy you all got something from that video, I was cleaning house and had the music channel on TV on and only catching bits and pieces of the video, so I had to look it up on the net. It made me cry the first time I heard it, I felt if it done someone some good today or maybe made a few slow down and appreciate someone dear to them a bit more, or just remember as has been said blink and we're 50. Truly not enough time and energy in me to hate or waste time for the precious people out there.

Hugs to you all

• bem
    bem

Oh man ((((((((((((((((((((AK- Jeff)))))))))))))))) I intended to acknowledge your loss and send my heartfelt sympathy. you know all too well that message in the song has hit home for you. again I am sorry for the loss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit