Ex-Witnesses in Oregon?

by CatholicGuy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• CatholicGuy
    CatholicGuy

I voluntarily disassociated from the JWs in 1980. I was actively involved in ministry to JWs and Ex-JWs for the next 10 years. The past 10 years or so I've moved on with my life and lost touch with much of what was happening with the Watch Tower Society and ex-Witnesses. Of course, growing up in the Witnesses leaves its imprint on you. The recent WT/UN scandal and visiting this board has rekindled these JW (and Ex-JW) memories. I'm wondering if there are ex-JWs on this board from Oregon? I'm from Southern Oregon near Medford.

CatholicGuy

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Catholic: I am from Oregon. I have family in Beaverton, near Portland. I also have family in Ashland, a friend in Medford, and other southern Oregon locations. Email me at [email protected] and we can talk more. I know of a number of ex-JWs in the Portland area, and I know of an ex-JW in S. Oregon who got involved in a major lawsuit against the Society. This might prove to be interesting. - Amazing

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Hello Catholic Guy!

Fellow Oregonian here. I live just North of Grants Pass!!
    In fact, We were in Medford today. Went to Costco, etc. Welcome to the forum!

• Sozo
    Sozo

I live in Troutdale and am a ex JW. Its been 5 years of being free from this false teaching.

Gena

• seven006
    seven006

Hey New Guy,

I live in Oregon, Beaverton area. Iv been out since 84. Maybe we dislike some of the same people.

I think Riz lives in the Medford area too. I'd stay away from her though, she's crazy.

Dave

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I'm curious if anyone from Oregon knows of a JW or former JW by the name of Alan Priller. I worked on a printing press with him at Beth Hell in the early 70's. I think he was from Salem, Oregon but married a girl from Texas.

• seven006
    seven006

I have never heard of Alan but I'm pretty sure I know the girl from Texas.

Hope that helps.

Dave

• CatholicGuy
    CatholicGuy

The Bethelites from Oregon I remember:

Duane, Joel and Leon Hamberg
    Dan Struck
    Doug Hardy
    John Wick

Haven't talked with any of these in over 20 years. Don't know if they're still in or even alive.

CatholicGuy

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Thanks Dave. Any other exJW comedians in Oregon?

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hello:

My family and I live in Mt. Shasta, Ca. It is a little over a hour from Medford, OR.

We came out almost 4 years ago. The spirit opened our eyes to THEM and the truth about them almost over night. We left immediately.
    Sort-of-like Lot and his family leaving Sodom and Gomorrah.

We are here for our brothers and sisters that need help, encouragement and fellowship.

JUST A MOM (Kim)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit