JW's mentioned on History channel

by Dan B 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Dan B
    Dan B

Hello all,

I was watching a very interesting documentary this morning on Heinrich Himmler. For those who don't follow history, he was the head of the Nazi SS, and a main architect of the "Final solution". Anyway, they mention the JW's as being imprisioned in the concentration camps. This got me wondering. Besides the 1914-generation change in 1995, and the sheep vs. goats switch, what other major doctorinal changes have occurred since 1945? I'm not talking about the flip-flopping on things like women screaming if raped, but MAJOR changes, changes that, if you didn't switch beliefs with them would result in DF'ing for apostasy.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

• rekless
    rekless

That is the things one can get disfellowshipped for : not accepting the flip flops. One day it was ok to have oral sex, the next year it was a sin , the next time it was ok then finally they said it was wrong. How many people do you think was DFed due to the changes. How about the generation issue that flip flopped many times, same as the King of the North and King of the South...if one questioned the flip flops you became marked as a trouble maker and weak spritually.

There are no minor issue to the org. one must be willing to accept any half wit explaination that the org. gives.

thanks
    dan

both, truth and thorns hurt.

• larc
    larc

Dan B,

There have been a ton of changes

1. Go to prison instead of the army Now, do alternate service for the government.

2. Smoking discouraged, now a disfellowshipping offense.

3. No blodd whatsoever, now blood fractions.

4. No innoculations because there is a tiny amount of blood involved. Now, innoclualtions are OK

5. The CO was responsible for the KH, now a group of elders reign supreme.

6. Date and shop around for a mate. Now, only date someone if you want to marry them.

7. 100 hours to pioneer, now 70 hours.

8. College was officially considered wrong. Now, it is permitted but not recomended.

9 The term "generation" meant something, now it does not.

10. Organ transplants are a form of cannabalism, Now they are OK.

11. In the late 1940's and early fifties it was the fastest growing religion. Now, there has been no growth in 24 of the industrialized countries. I wonder why.

• Mum
    Mum

I don't consider the issue of being DF'd for not screaming during a rape to be at all minor. Have you ever been a victim of a rape or attempted rape? It's not a time to be analytical about what response is the current Watchtower orthodox approved behavior.

• Liberated
    Liberated

Rekless - succinctly put!!

Libby

• Dan B
    Dan B

Hi Mum,

It was not my intention to minimize the "screaming" issue. I apologize for not wording my question better. This is what I was trying to achieve in this thread:

During WW1 the Bible students were the objects of mob violence due to their unusual beliefs during that period of history. Yet the beliefs for which these people so bravely faced persecution were completely changed. The JW teachings of the time were completely altered as time went on. So really, these people suffered for nothing. (Sincerity alone is not enough-remember the Live Forever
    book?) So I was wondering, has there been that dramatic a change from the time that these JWs suffered in Germany, until now? It doesn't seem so. Perhaps that's because the WT society has toned down their "prophecying". Althought there have been numerous changes, it doesn't seem to be the major doctorinal changes which would parallel the post WW1 changes. (The "Millions now living" and the 1925 fiascos were types of changes that, I feel anyway, are on par with the 1914 generation and sheep-goat switches)

Dan

• larc
    larc

Dan,

I gave a list of changes, changes that directly affected people's lives. Whether you consider them major or not, taken altogether, they are major.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit