. Report Card = Report Farce

by KnowlegeSeeker_UK 5 Replies latest jw friends

• KnowlegeSeeker_UK
    KnowlegeSeeker_UK

If im honest, I was a good boy, a pioneer, a bethelite. Still i guessed at my hours based on a last minute tot up in the hall, and of course... i never rounded down. I cant be the only one that did this, infact I KNOW i wasnt. Imagine how innacurate those yearly reports are! Also notice how the WT society refers to lands and not countries, what constitutes a land ? They make the ules up about so many things i cant be bothered guessing. Also i once reas about a building the society built 'somwhere' (i know its vague) and they leased it out for confrences (for business's) im sure it was attached to some gilead school or something, somwhere nice like the bahamas. also i heard that the governing body had sweet rides (cars- not women...or men!) Any info on that ?

When i was in bether, niaevely partaking in week ones cleaning farce, i was shown into the branch comittees rooms, they were amazing, cabinets, leather furniture. I didnt even think about the fact that the room next door was a pit and lived in by a mere normal factory worker. The cleaner said to me " if your wondering at the difference, its because they are old and have inherited or saved alot in their time " It took me a few yrs of thinking back to bethel to twig that she thought id be offended, i was so #privelaged' to be there i thought nothing of it. Bloody penny pinchers, i had 10gcse's, i was studying architectureonly a yr before, nnow i was onmy knees cleaning some old guys toilet with a toothbrush AND SMILING ABOUT IT TOO!!!!! HOW INSANE IS THAT !!!!! Now im studying to be a doctor.... and to think i couldt figure out why my worldly thinking granparents were dissapointed that i was going to london to work for free.... in a factory !!! Nuts !!!

Sorry as im typing, its all pouring out. Cant believe i was doing this. Im going before i cry lol.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

I heard a rumor of a Pionner that never goes to the service and fakes all his time. He gives a track then get inside the mall for hours and then when he is out he gives another track and counts all the time! What a neat way to do 3 or 4 hours! LOL!

And yes, I fake my report too.

• bluebell
    bluebell

sometimes i faked sometimes didn't but over a year? - probably more faked than not, definitly not accurate!

• TheMan
    TheMan

You're almost encouraged to fake it. When I was a MS, elders would approach me and say, "You know brother, the only reason we haven't given you Public Talk privelege is because there was that one month you were below five hours....Think about it, did you really only do five hours that month? I'm sure you did more than than..."

Earlier this year, when my wife and I were still attending meetings, we were approach by brother hounder and constantly asked "are you sure you didn't put in any hours? Can't you think of any time you may have put in, even informally?" Like they want you to lie about the hours so they can justify having me on the rolls as a MS!!, and it's one less thing they have to worry about....

• bite me
    bite me

I wonder... do they fake other things?

Maybe they fake hours on the job, like office space (great movie!) where the guy just sits arround and gets paid. Makes it look like he is working.. what a great way to get through the day.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Thats a sad story you told Knowlegeseeker, it is really not dissimilar to many other people that got damaged from this dangerous cult

I hope you find peace and happiness for yourself in the future and perhaps you can relay your experience with the WTS. to others as well ....take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit