famous witnesses

by finnrot 3 Replies latest jw friends

• finnrot
    finnrot

I was lurking through old threads when I came accross one that mentioned Prince as being a current witness.... what!! Are you kidding me, I had no idea. Has he always been a witness, or did he become one and that was the explanation for his music becoming lame?

I know a smattering of Jacksons are supposed to be Witnesses and I even heard that Venus and Serena Williams mother is a Witness. When I was a teenager I used to watch a show called Get Christy Love, with a sexy blach chick named Theresa Graves, remember her? That was around the mid 70's. I remember reading somewhere that she had become a witness, I wonder what she's doing now?

Does anybody know if there is a list of famous, ex-famous and semi-famous witness out there? I bet I wouldn't be the only one interested in seeing that. Oh, and I heard Vanity turned witness, I wonder if Prince did that.

Also, what are these people doing now. Like Theresa Graves, Vanity, the black chick from saved by the bell, et all.

• rhett
    rhett

A few years back Larry Grahm opened for Prince. Back then Prince was still doing one of the best live shows in the world (in my opinion, and I've been to a lot of concerts). Larry Grahm is a JW. Prince always thought Grahm was an excellent musician and apparently Grahm was able to use that as a way to brainwash him.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• jolly_green_giant
    jolly_green_giant

Prince has been associated with the Jw for a couple years now. Actually he may even be baptised but im not 100% sure. Apparently he's "preaching the good news" at his concerts. Many of his fans appear to be disturbed and even offended, because of this, according the message boards on his website.

• rekless
    rekless

Dwayne Blackwell, co writer of the songs..."I got friends in low Places",song by Garth Brooks "Mr. Blue" (1959 # 1 hit) "I'm Gonna Hire a Wino to decorate our Home." "No Body Stop In This Town".

He and I were friends when we lived both lived in Clearlake, Ca. We use to go out in field service together his family and mine.

Rekless

"truth and thornes both hurt!" a famous quote

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit