Cook County, IL residents FYI

by looking_glass 3 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

For those wondering what the deal is w/ the Cook County tax issues and due dates ... FYI

Dear IRELA Member: FYI,we've just learned that the Illinois Senate voted 55-1 on Friday to override the Governor's amendatory veto on the 7% tax cap bill (HB 664). (The House previously voted to reject the Governor's amendatory veto on October 2nd.)

This means there will be a new tax cap law as described by John Norris at the September IRELA meeting, and second installment 2006 tax bills will now be prepared and sent out for Cook County. The due date they are shooting for is December 1st. We will be posting more information on the association web site as it becomes available.

Very truly yours,

Ralph J. Schumann

Attorney at Law
    President, Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association (IRELA)

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

How will that affect local Jehovah's Witnesses?

Outaservice

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well I would like to know why Illinois charged us usury tax in the 80's when later I found out it wasn't even legal?

I want my money back...

Snoozy...

• sspo
    sspo

And why does Illinois have toll booths and continue to charge for using their espress ways when we were told they were going to be removed more than 20 years once the new roads would be paid for?

I really would like an answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit