Verses you will not hear quoted at a B.S.

by Uncertain 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Uncertain
    Uncertain

John 6:39 NIV "And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. also John 6:37. No mention of Jesus only here for the 144,000 or that the FDS will be making distinction between those worth saving. In fact the whole section treats all equally. Hmmm, I must be missing something.

I read this in class last night and realized that we never happened onto the verses about Jesus being for ALL when I was studying. Wonder why?

Also, I was given a list of bible proofs that Jesus is God. If anyone is interested, I will gladly post or send on, it only runs a page.

• snowbird
    snowbird

John 12:47 And if any man hear my sayings, and keep them not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

The above is a verse you won't hear too often. In fact the WTS gives the entire Gospel of John a wide berth because it topples their entire theology.

Sylvia

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

1 Corinthians 4:6 "dont go beyond the things written"

abr

• bite me
    bite me

I would like that list that you mentioned of here. Thanks!

• snowbird
    snowbird

The WTS doesn't like the Gospel of John because they know if a person reads it without their filter, that'll be all she wrote.

Passages in John chapter 6 from The Message Bible

35 -38 Jesus said, "I am the Bread of Life. The person who aligns with me hungers no more and thirsts no more, ever. I have told you this explicitly because even though you have seen me in action, you don't really believe me. Every person the Father gives me eventually comes running to me. And once that person is with me, I hold on and don't let go. I came down from heaven not to follow my own whim but to accomplish the will of the One who sent me.

Powerful stuff, isn't it?

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit