A summary of the last 10 years?

by Erace 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Erace
    Erace

I have been DF'd for just over 10 years and really haven't thought much about the religion since, except for the fear dying in Armageddon. One of my family members has been bugging me the last year or so to come back and that is what started my research and why I found this sight. Of course, after doing about 15 minutes of research, I realized how crazy I was raised and how NOBODY that is a witness today has any idea of where this religion came from. My questions are: I have heard about declining numbers of the Witnesses, cutbacks, change in beliefs, secret watchtowers, etc. Can someone just give me a review of what has happened in JUST the last 10 years? Numbers of Witnesses? Numbers of anointed partakers? Is that number really going up?! What have they changed in the last 10 years in beliefs? I know of the generation change, of course. Are there really "spies" among us that go to the meetings? Kinda sounds fun, maybe. Thanks!

• yknot
    yknot

My Brief: Franz stopped being the "Prophet" while in 80's, the zeal is gone. The GB spiritually is just drifting as time continues to march on, much like a majority of the R&F. The WTBS corporately is engaged in international affairs, various corporations, real estate and investments as a means of revenue.

There appears to be a struggle going on but has yet to be revealed

Evidence: Clamp down on media consumption, higher education and encouraging hatred of the Df-ed.

Makes you wonder if another GB is stepping down and writing a book

• llbh
    llbh

I left about 5 years ago but have family still in. They are as always into thought control i.e. anti education full stop and anti internet,

regards llbh

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

8,800 of the 144,000 now remains living on the earth! They were going to catch me up on all the changes but I left. 10 years out wew, did you have the Revelation It Grand Climax Is At Hand? that was a really strange book for me when I came back. I just wondered if many left because of that book.

It really seems so different, the assemblies are all different! People are rude and not as friendly I guess they are all stressed out! The blood is different they can now take parts of blood, which is really blood. They are donating blood machines at local hopitals over seas. In the past, people could not clean their own blood! I guess now they are helping hospital with advanced surgery. Makes them look good! Oh and they will tell people to go get restraining orders against someone. They are getting ready to have a WT for door to door and another for members only.

Oh they are really telling people how trouble times are! and wanting others JDUBs to speak to inactives people about it to scare you! You know when you see one at the store. You know they have pioneer schools to make the pioneers special! It really is political than Bush!

Oh I was out for long time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit