Best birthday present

by greendawn 8 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

What was the best birhday present you ever had?

I know many here only began celebrating birthdays recently or perhaps haven't yet started due to the stupid JW ban on something that is in fact totally innocent and harmless.

For me it was food. A friend that cooks very well invited me and we had a delicious meal and cakes that she prepared. We ate together with her husband and some friends and good quality wine was also included.

That was a wonderful birthday present, not something that you can carry with you and keep around but very memorable.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

It's hard to say really, I've had so many birthdays now (57 next Feb),
    but I guess my then fiance (later my first wife) getting tickets to see
    a Neil Young concert for my 25th birthday would be up there.

• carla
    carla

One of the best birthday's ever was one of the first years my husband became a jw. My kids felt so bad about him not doing birthdays (and all the holidays) they went all out for mine that year. The made a great dinner complete with appetizers, dressed the table like you wouldn't believe! Made a cake, one was driving so they were able to go to the store and buy a gift and made gifts, it was lovely. They put so much effort and love into that day and no, they did not set a place for dad because he would be going to a meeting anyway. They even cleaned up the kitchen aftwards which looked like a tornado hit!

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

There was this cool chick I was married to once. Well before we were married, she gave me my first and only surprise bday party for my 23rd. She set it all up at a friends house and made sure all my friends were there without me ever knowing about it.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    There was this cool chick I was married to once.

LMAO!

Now that's funny!

• BFD
    BFD

The best birthday gift I received was a round trip ticket form Ft. Lauderdale to Key West. I got to sit in the co-pilot seat and the pilot let me fly the plane for a bit. It was really cool. I'll never forget that.

BFD

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    getting tickets to see
    a Neil Young concert for my 25th birthday would be up there.

yeah......that would be way up there for me too!!!!

The best one was waking up today and seeing the posts from JWD......It felt genuine.

purps

• Es
    Es

I would have to say prob the my last bday. Hubby took me out to dinner and then to see The Phantom Of The Opera. It was night out with no kids and we got to reconnect again, it was great

es

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

a trip to Ano Nuevo to see the elephant seals. Started an annual ritual to go see the elephant seals on my birthday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit