Now I've gone and done it

by Uncertain 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Uncertain
    Uncertain

As part of my churchly visits while working on my uncertainty, I took communion at a baptist church. I was baptized twenty-three years ago so it was all on the up and up, at least in protestant Christendom. It had been years, and it was a very moving experience. It brought back the sadness I felt at my first Memorial when no one dared take the gift from Jesus.

So, I thought about things, looked through all the books I had (Teach, Knowledge, Reasoning, NWT notes), at the WTBS website and couldn't find the biblical connection to why communion is not for all. Meanwhile, I knew that i was not going to get Dub-dunked and thought it only fair to tell my study-leader.

I told her about my wild escapade, and my reason for doing it. I had already laid the groundwork at the previous week's study, saying I needed to ask more about the Memorial the next time we met. She had Mrs. CO with her so I didn't want to make an issue of it that day. The next week I asked her for the bible citation, leaving her the loophole of getting back to me with it. We looked at the sources we had, and didn't find anything. I gave a heartfelt witness (come to think of it, I never actually witnessed before) about the closeness to Jah through his Son and the wafer and wine, I hope I gave her something to consider. I said I didn't see myself being a candidate for baptism so she invited me to keep attending the KH but we stopped the study. I will probably continue the Rev book for awhile, out of curiosity and a personal sense of comittment to finishing what I started. Or I'll gag once too often and give it up, we'll see.

Thanks for your support in this decision, I hope I can continue to hang out here. You folks are pretty special and I already speak the "language."

• V1710
    V1710

Hat's off to you for not giving up your freedom of thought and action. We hope you stay even though you didn't take the dunk.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Communion? That reminds me, other churches offer a communion for all to partake who feel a need. Acording to the JW's, communion was limited to the so called "Annointed ones" What a joke. According to the Jesus, "Keep doing this in rememberance of me" He never said, "Hey...you chosen few only, partake!" Other churches offer it every week for those who wanted to partake of it. JW's are so deprived of so much all because they listen to human made laws instead of to God's laws. So sad.

LINDA

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Good for you. It's best not to be too certain about anything religious because it is, afterall, so uncertain.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Hi uncertain I can identify with you about whether to take the bread and wine at the Memorial of Jesus Christ. It was rather strange for me because I had attended the memorial every year since becoming a JW, so had fully accepted I wasn't one of the "anointed" and therefore didn't actually partake of the emblems. However, for no reason that I could understand at the time, when I attended this years Memorial the thought came to me that by not taking the bread and wine I was denying Jesus and the ransome sacrifice that was so lovingly given on behalf of mankind. I actually felt really awful about it! I am trying to leave the JW's at the moment without losing my family ( they are JW's) and it is a heartbreaking business as is testified by so many on JWD. I am so glad that you have questioned things before you have comitted yourself to this awful cult.

Maddie

• Honesty
    Honesty

We had communion yesterday.

I didn't partake...

Only because I was in another area of the campus working on something for the senior pastor and didn't get back in the main sanctuary in time.

The Watchtower Society has deceived the JW's with only the 'anointed' BS.

The JW's don't even know they are publicly rejecting our Lord and savior when they refuse to drink and eat.

They'll find out one way or the other one day.

Poor, pathetic people is all I have to say about them.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Uncertain - you caught on quickly! Yes, these men from Brooklyn New York have added to and deleted from the Word they claim is "God breathed upon." You may have fun with the Revelation study, but don't be surprised when your eyes fall out of your head and you make all forms of sounds as you are told what the Brooklyn men interpret. These men are anti Christs and refuse to humble themselves. It would be different if the introduction stated, "we are jokers, we hope you enjoy the laughs." Instead - stern, mean, authoritarian swine.

• Uncertain
    Uncertain

Not so quickly, I made it through the Knowledge book, the Worship book and the majority of Teach before throwing up my hands. I'm thankful I only risked myself, no family involvement. I needed something to believe in, but I kept getting to the brink and then backing away. The more familiar I felt with the material, the easier it was to see the curtain, and finally the man behind it. I'm pretty sure Jesus never owned a necktie. But now that I reflect on it, the Wizard of Oz certainly did.

I don't believe that the evil Internet brought me to this decision, rather the FDS-provided information did it. When I got to the end of the Daniel book and found out that the League of Nations was the disgusting thing, my eyebrows went far up and never realy settled again. I had noticed photos and quotes from the UN and its agencies in the magazines and realized that there was a discrepancy. But professing to be based on bible truths just hasn't held true. Some of the Day texts (?) put my hackles up as well. I tend to want the verse to have something to do with the commentary, I guess I'm to picky.

But in any case, youse guys (bad Brooklyn accent?) are great to hang out with, I'll stick around here for awhile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit