I'm Donating BLOOD Tommorrow

by Smoky 8 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Smoky
    Smoky

I'm donating blood tommorrow. There is a blood drive at my job.
    I just started this new job, and no one knows that I am a JW.

It's my first time... and i dont feel guilty about or afraid of getting DF'd for it either.

I like that idea that my blood can help save a life... It is a new experience, and i'm getting all nervous, like i won some prize, and tommorrow i will recieve it.

Is that weird or what?

i dont know how to describe the feeling, but i dont think i ever felt this way preaching door to door.

Has anyone ever felt similar about giving blood for the first time?

smoky

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

It's weird but in a good way.

It's cool to think someone else is being helped by your blood.

My first time I almost fainted.

They tell you to let them know if you are feeling dizzy which I did after my pint was almost done.

Within 10 seconds I had ice around my neck, legs elevated wet towel on my forehead and people

massaging me, they don't mess around. Then I looked to my left and see an older lady

smiling and finshing donating blood like it was nothing.

I felt like a wimp.

I actually think it was a minor panick attack for breaking JAH's law,

also it was in a Catholic school gym for a girl scout thing for a friend to get merit points or something.

Overall it was a good experience.

I'm sure you'll do better than me.

• PEC
    PEC

I donated for the second time last Saturday. I did the double red cell, where that take a pint out, centrifuge it and give you back the plasma, then take another pint and do the same. It is all automatic, they take the blood out and return the plasma through the same needle. They get two units and don't have to dispose of the unneeded plasma, if you have enough iron in your blood you should try that, it does take longer, it took almost a hour.

Philip

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Good for you! There was a blood drive in my office building today. I wanted to donate so badly, but I've recently been pierced. I have to wait a year after piercings and tattoos

• Smoky
    Smoky

thanks you all for the support.

• zeroday
    zeroday

When I first gave blood I never felt more proud than anyother moment as a JW. I walked in with my head held high and when I left I felt on top of the world. I give tomorrow, my last donation 8 weeks ago was my ONE GALLON mark. Good for you. You have no idea how much you are helping another person possiblily 3 people.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

WELL DONE EVERYONE!!! Smoky your the man!

• greendawn
    greendawn

You should be proud of it, it's with such donations that hundreds of thousands or rather millions of lives were saved. The JWs now actually use blood products but don't contibute anything to the blood banks. They should have their own one in fact to get those blood components.

• bite me
    bite me

I wish I wasn't so afraid of needles. I get all scared an everything. Talk about being a baby! If it wasn't for that I would donate too. I'm glad though I don't have a list of do's and don't 's that I have to follow other then what God says so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit